Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shop Tour

Shop Tour

I thought I would post some pictures of my shop. I get ideals form others so maybe some may find something useful on here. Every machine has a story but I wills spare you from that.

Sprightly, for an old lady...

Where do you hide all the sawdust and spiders?
    What's the dolly under your RAS for?

I'm jealous of the space (and dog).

jim
    wpt, ma

Blog Entries
    Really nice Brian. Nice space and tools.

The lift was a surprise.

Your dog looks like he runs the place. I love chocolate labs. I've had 2 blacks in a row and I'm told the next one will be yellow. I hope we get a choclate lab at some point.

My dog has no interest in the shop at all. Maybe it's the noise. Only time she will come out is when my wife takes a coffee break with me.

Thanks for sharing. I really like shop tours.

PHM

Brian - Great shop! Coup;e of observations. One - the Oakley sander must come in pretty handy. I'd kill for the green jointer. And don't you think that the lift is over kill for the lawn mower? And I too love the chocollate lab - he could be my lab's brother except mine has a white chest. Choc. labs make nice people nicer.. Enjoy.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Sprightly, for an old lady...

Where do you hide all the sawdust and spiders?
    What's the dolly under your RAS for?

I'm jealous of the space (and dog).

jim
    wpt, ma
    Shop is not as clean as it looks. The dolly is to help move my next purchase a dust collector.

Awesome shop Brian, I don’t think I would ever walk out the door if I had a shop like yours. One thing tho, are you sure that assembly table is stout enough?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The lift is a curse in a way,now, I have no excuse not to work on my vehicles and other people's too.
    I had a chocolate Lab for 17years. I replaced him with this Chesapeake. They look a lot alike but there is a big difference in personalities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brightwell View Post
    The lift is a curse in a way,now, I have no excuse not to work on my vehicles and other people's too.
    I had a chocolate Lab for 17years. I replaced him with this Chesapeake. They look a lot alike but there is a big difference in personalities.
    What is a Chesapeake's personality like Brian?

PHM

Brian - I am curious about the Chesapeake as well. What are the differences between the Chesapeake as the labs? Our lab is about 8 years old and spoiled rotten.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I'm glad you mentioned the dog.

I was starting to worry that he was like the fish over the door.

I know, disgusting, but my brother's SO has her beloved dogs in her foyer.

AND the shop is wonderful.

So much already said ... a really cool shop with some very cool ol' iron! Looks like a fun place to relax and unwind.

I too love the dog - great looking Chesapeake.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brightwell View Post
    Shop is not as clean as it looks. The dolly is to help move my next purchase a dust collector.
    I was wondering... the wide sander is the only thing that I see with DC on it, and that is only a shopvac... can that actually keep up with the sanding dust?

oh, and lovely big space, and I think I'd agree about the hoist.
    "It's Not About You."

Brian, re the 1950's Craftsman TS -- what fence and fence adjustment mechanism is on it??

Nice lookin' shop. Would not mind having a lift to change the oil and lube the chasis on my Deere. Hate bending an trying to be a contorsionist finding the grease fittings on the belt pulleys!

I just got back from the river. I went to get some of that good dirt for the garden.

Ray,the Craftsman table saw was my Dad's. He got it when I was a toddler. I remember having a saw dust box like other kids had sand boxes.
    I have to keep this saw,many memories. I think I have gone about as far as I can with it. I made a stable base, added the router on one end and installed a Joint Tech fence. It is my dedicated saw for box joints, I do a lot of them. I have three fixtures in quarter and half and three eights. I will past pics now that I know how.
    The lift make working on vehicles almost bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    I was wondering... the wide sander is the only thing that I see with DC on it, and that is only a shopvac... can that actually keep up with the sanding dust?

oh, and lovely big space, and I think I'd agree about the hoist.
    Does the little shop vac keep up with the wide belt sander? No, but it is the only way I can use it at all right now. Like I said my next purchase is a 5hp Dust Collector.

Well the dog is Otis and he Is an experienced duck dog. Hunted the flooded timber in Arkansas last Jan. He did real good.
    I've had Labs, Airedales, and Goldens but this is my first Chesapeake. He has more personality than any dog I have ever owned.
    Most labs have a strong desire to please. Chessy's are mush more independent and very strong willed. If you want a training challenge get a Chesapeake but once trained then you have something.
    It was 15 degrees and he would't stay out of the river. He learned how to get up onto the ice like a seal does. My lab would get into the water like that but showed the effects. It did't bother Otis at all. He never ever shivered when he got out, just like it was 70degrees.