Thread: Freezer Pops

Freezer Pops

I like the freezer pops that are available locally, which are Fun Pops from Alamance Foods - all the way across the country in Burlington NC. What are some other brands?

I wonder if you could create homemade freezer pops with Koolaid. I suppose they would need an ingredient to keep them from freezing rock hard. Fun Pops have "vegetable gum".

I grew up with Koolaid freezer pops.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    I wonder if you could create homemade freezer pops with Koolaid. I suppose they would need an ingredient to keep them from freezing rock hard. Fun Pops have "vegetable gum".
    Fruit juice works as well. For regular pops the sugar generally stops them from freezing to hard.

there is a syndicated column in the local paper called "Everyday Cheapskate" or something like that. They had a receipe for "healthy" freezer pops a few days ago. Didn't pay much attention to it but remember the main ingredient was yogurt with fruit. I think the idea was to eliminate the sugar.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 05-04-2012 at 6:45 PM.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Tupperware made holders that you could pour KoolAid into, but that was 15 years ago, papercups & popsicle sticks work
    J Load

Tupperware still makes the molds. There are thousands of recipes out there for freezer pops, fudge pops, etc. Most are made with jello pudding, jello, or fruit juice and unflavored gelatin. The gelatin keeps it from freezing rock hard.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

When I was a kid we always used ice cube trays for molds... Not quite as handy as the purpose made ones but still worked.

Dang now I want to make some pops!

Reminds me that we used to eat Junket too, sucks being poor
    J Load

My freezer pops but I assumed it was in a defrost mode..
    921 miles South from that famous person Steve Schlumpf

i used to make the freezer pops with koolaide. then i discovered frozen peaches in light syrup. not the quite the same as freeze pops, but i think they taste better. let them freeze and then they become frozen like ice, or you can let them slushy. very tasty
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

11. Ok, so in the last month or so, I just heard about pickle pops! You take the left over juice from the jar of pickles and freeze them in Popsicle molds. Apparently some ball fields sell them at concession stands. I like pickles, but I'm not thinking pickle juice pops sound appealing.

We make me with pineapple juice. Daughter loves them.
    Paul

I like the fruit pops made by Edys.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Blog Entries
    I used to eat the frozen lemonade strait from the can with a spoon.

Sure feels good when you have a soar throat.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    yeah freezer pops rock in the summer time, would have a garbage can full of empty plastic tubes.

we used to have some plastic thing that looked like a deep well ice cube tray and you would pour in koolaid or whatever
    and then set the plastic sticks in and after they freeze you just pull them out but they did take a long time to suck as
    they were frozen solid. need to find a solution to pour in that doesnt freeze solid.
    i ended up giving the thing to an ex-girlfriend for her kids but i would think someone still has to make it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------