I'll start....

I had a situation at work with a change, had to flash under already installed cedar shingles. Flashing is heavy copper and if you have ever tried to slip flashing under cedar shingles you will know what I mean. Its a pain. There is always one hanging you up. To add to it it is only 2 1/2" off of a deck.

On the way to the job I had an epiphony. I stopped and bought a box of sugar cubes. I pried out each shingle and shoved a sugar cube up between the shingles all the way down the wall. Then slipped the copper in and nailed it home with brass nails just below the shingles. Now I just walked down the wall with a rubber mallet tapping the shingles and crushing the sugar cubes. Done! it was so easy I wish I had thought of it years ago as I work on a lot of shingle style houses.

Took a hose and rinsed away all the suger real well to keep the ants away, and threw down some ant killer for good measure.

What took me a day and a half and a lot of cuss words on the other end of the house took two hours.

Next..........

Larry