Thread: Powermatic PM1300TX-CK dust collector

Powermatic PM1300TX-CK dust collector

Hello All,
    Anyone have a Powermatic PM1300TX-CK dust collector? Or have any thoughts on it.
    Thanks.
    Jay

I have one Jay, it works great. I have owned it for a little over 2.5 years now. I did add a "disk" like the new Jet comes with, it did reduce the amount of debris that gets in the filter. I still have to remove the filter every 6 months or so to clean it well. Bag changes are super easy, I use the Menards 55 gallon contractor bags. No complaints on the DC, I will sell mine when I can switch to a cyclone.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    I have one Jay, it works great. I have owned it for a little over 2.5 years now. I did add a "disk" like the new Jet comes with, it did reduce the amount of debris that gets in the filter. I still have to remove the filter every 6 months or so to clean it well. Bag changes are super easy, I use the Menards 55 gallon contractor bags. No complaints on the DC, I will sell mine when I can switch to a cyclone.
    Thanks Jeff, Are you thinking of a larger machine or is the cyclone just that much better? After 20 years of dumping my Delta drum the disposable bags are very appealing.

All comments welcome.

Jay, I'd like a few more cfm's but more importantly, being able to capture finer dust and not loosing cfm when the filter starts to fill. Either way it has to be emptied, but consistent cfm would be wonderful. I'd say the PM was a vast improvement over my original delta bag collector.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Jay, I also have one. I used 6" PVC schedule 40 for my main line, and 4" drops to machines. I mostly built blast gates out of plywood and 1/4" hardboard, and it seems to catch most of the stuff, including the fines. Exception is the table saw, and I have a sharkguard under construction for that. For what it's worth, I built a top hat thien separator, using a 20 gallon plastic drum, and I have not emptied the bag below the DC in the whole three years it's been in use. I put the drum on wheels, attached a rop and pulley to the separator, and when I need to empty the drum, I hoist up the separator, roll out the drum, and dump the shavings in the chicken yard and nest boxes. I would like to have a cyclone, but this unit seems to work just fine.I did upgrade the filter to the Wynn environmental cannister, and it seems to work fine, as well. Also use the Powermatic air cleaner, particularly when sanding or spraying waterborne finishes.
    Bees, Boards, Berries, Birds, Bamboo, and Baking - why do all my hobbies start with a "B"?!