Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Lidded box - demo practice

I like the box as well, it reminds me of a Richard Raffan design. Can't go wrong with that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Pat Scott View Post
    I like the box as well, it reminds me of a Richard Raffan design. Can't go wrong with that.
    Thank you Pat!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pat Scott View Post
    Does anyone know if Raffan has a book on boxes? Somewhere rattling around in my grey matter I thought I heard someone speak of a book on boxes by him..........perhaps I am getting him confused with someone else? Just thought I would inquire, so as to be able to properly accredit those from whom I draw some inspiration...........although, no doubt a lot of turners have similar forms and they are likely a melding of his and some others work...

4. Okay........it should have occurred to me to do a search............before I make a dumb post!

I went to Amazon.com and found it..........it would be neat to see the pics without having to buy the book!

Roger, I checked it out from the library. In it he gives permission to photocopy the forms pages, so I did. If you can't find it at your library, maybe I could figure out a way to get them to you. Send me a PM if you need them.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

6. Thanks Doug.......it occurred to me after reading your reply that my turning club library....one of the two clubs I belong to might just have it for members to check out.........think I'll look into that one first.....much appreciated!