Thread: Donut bowl

Donut bowl

Easter show 2012 Donut 2.jpg

This is a Blackwood bowl I entered in this years Easter show in the "Plain bowls under 10" section" & was luck enough to gain a 3rd.
    Just a simple bowl with an undercut rolled edge & sits on a small foot to give a bit of lift.
    Any comments welcomed
    Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete Gray; 05-15-2012 at 5:44 PM.

I'm not sure about the foot, but I love the rim treatment. It really lets the grain shine.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Congrats on the 3rd. Really nice bowl and rim treatment. I am also not a foot person on the bowl but seems to give lift on this one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

do you know which one of these you used...

a really beautiful bowl you have turned and finished .....
    921 miles South from that famous person Steve Schlumpf

Many thanks for the comments, I was also not too sure about the foot however looking at it sitting on a table the lift I believe improves the o/all balance some how.

Paul, this was for a very old Aust' blackwood which came down in a storm on my SIL's farm on the East Coast of the Nth Island (NZ), it was well over 100 to 140 years old & it varied between 5 & 7' thru the base at ground level. There were two that came down & they milled over 40 Cu ' from the both.

Pete