Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Curious - Cell Phone Jammers

do you know of any machine like a saw or cord drill that will feed static into a cell phone, I made a cell call today while I were using the computer and the outboard speakers were popping big time until I finish the call

Ray, there are many, many things that produce radiofrequency (RF) energy--anything that creates electrical sparks, most digital circuits, motors, and lots and lots of stuff both natural and man-made. Computer circuitry isn't immune to RF interference either--low level signals can get interfered with, and then amplified to become audible when the speakers are used. While the FCC does require some certifications for products that produce RF interference, things that act as passive receivers--like your computer--are typically unregulated. I believe the theory is that if you want it fixed, you can simply move away from your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    Ray, there are many, many things that produce radiofrequency (RF) energy--anything that creates electrical sparks, most digital circuits, motors, and lots and lots of stuff both natural and man-made. Computer circuitry isn't immune to RF interference either--low level signals can get interfered with, and then amplified to become audible when the speakers are used. While the FCC does require some certifications for products that produce RF interference, things that act as passive receivers--like your computer--are typically unregulated. I believe the theory is that if you want it fixed, you can simply move away from your computer.
    IF THE TOOLS that emit RF or what ever signals do bother the stinky cell phone [why do so many people walk around talking to themselves] are strong enough to bother the phone signal[ CAN YOU HEARD ME NOW ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    IF THE TOOLS that emit RF or what ever signals do bother the stinky cell phone [why do so many people walk around talking to themselves] are strong enough to bother the phone signal[ CAN YOU HEARD ME NOW ?
    Modern cell phones are using such a high frequency that there isn't much, at least in the consumer world, that would interfere with them in a serious way. Of course in the unlicensed garbage frequencies where cordless phones, wifi, baby monitors, etc. live it's a real mess and one person's microwave oven is another's network lag.