Thread: Glaser tools at the Eli Avisera Studio in Jerusalem

Glaser tools at the Eli Avisera Studio in Jerusalem

Hi,

A couple of months ago I had the oportunity to visit Eli Avisera at his workshop and school in Jerusalem. I was not only impressed by his knowledge and skill, but also by getting to know what a great person he is. Another thing that impressed me is that he used a brand new set of Glaser Tools that had his grinding. These interchangeable-light weight- heavy duty tools are just magnificent. When I came back home, I contacted Paulo Marin from customer service at Glaser Hitec to order a set of these tools. It is being finished in production and it will be soon sent to me. I can't wait to have this set of mini tools in my hands. Thanks to Eli and to Paulo for your kindness.

Elistudio.jpg

It appears that Eli has a brand new "Studio!" But what make is the yellow lathe in the back right of the photo? If it is a Woodfast, I have never seen a similar machine?

Blog Entries
    I have a set of the Glaser MiniQR's I use them every bit as much as my larger Glaser tools, they are just a blast to turn with. I find them to be so agile plus they get into tight places with ease. When it comes down to it, there's nothing mini about the way they perform. I look forward to hearing your take on them. Congratulations & don't forget the pics.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Hi Jamie,

It is a Woodfast indeed! It was also the first time I saw one of them. Unfortunatelly I didn't see it working....

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio Ulloa View Post
    Hi,

A couple of months ago I had the oportunity to visit Eli Avisera at his workshop and school in Jerusalem. I was not only impressed by his knowledge and skill, but also by getting to know what a great person he is. Another thing that impressed me is that he used a brand new set of Glaser Tools that had his grinding. These interchangeable-light weight- heavy duty tools are just magnificent. When I came back home, I contacted Paulo Marin from customer service at Glaser Hitec to order a set of these tools. It is being finished in production and it will be soon sent to me. I can't wait to have this set of mini tools in my hands. Thanks to Eli and to Paulo for your kindness.

Elistudio.jpg
    I had the good fortune to meet Eli at a mini course in Italy ... excellent teacher ...exceptional person
    I am curious about the Glaser Tools , but can not find them in Europe ... ..

Blog Entries
    I don't think he uses distributors. You may want to contact Paulo directly for more info or go to Glaserhitec.com. There are also a lot of posts about the MiniQr's here, I posted many of them myself.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    I don't think he uses distributors. You may want to contact Paulo directly for more info or go to Glaserhitec.com. There are also a lot of posts about the MiniQr's here, I posted many of them myself.
    .. thanks Bill ...

Hi Mauricio, I have the same size Woodfast short bed, imported into the USA by Craft Supply in UT for many years. Craft Supply then had the bases made locally, and painted a metallic green and sold as model 409. It has been a wonderful lathe for me for 20+yrs. and the company in Australia is no longer in business. The lathe is now made in China under the Rikon name, and not near the quality of the originals. Eli's has the motor mounted exposed near the headstock, and mine is enclosed in the base under the headstock, another reason I questioned the different looking configuration.

Jamie
    Your 100% correct the Rikon Woodfast is not the same machine. I think they use the same headstock and motor assy on the lathe they make that looks like the 16-42"s. But it looks like a really nice studio.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.