Thread: Out of Square....

Out of Square....

I'm responsible for the training and overseeing our programers and operators for our CNC at work. The machine is a CNT Motion Systems 900 series, that we picked up second hand, but invert good shape almost two years ago.

We use WinCNC on a dedicated PC for the controller and Enroute 4 is our current CAM package.

I was cutting a hole template for our crating dept. Last week and much to my chagrin, discovered that we are out of square...... With diagonals off almost 1/4" on a 30" square test part.

I've never dealt with truing up a CNC b4.

Any advice is appreciated.

It's been a constant struggle to keep the crew from staging pallets of material in front of this machine, as it usually only gets used 4 or 5 hours a week. So my guess is that someone pushed a pallet load and "bumped into" the CNC. Though there are no obvious signs of damage, nor evidence that the legs (which are bolted to the concrete floor) moved.

I've got o get this squared away post haste.
    Last edited by Matt McColley; 05-17-2012 at 9:38 PM.

i would call CNT they are some good fellows, if this does not work there are a couple of in dependant techs, on a camaster there are bolts at the base of the gantry for this and it would not surprise me if this were the case with the cnt as well, also the fellows in the true 32 group all use the cnt machine look for bob buckley who wrote "true32" most of the cabinetmakers on this list have cnt machines

my older digital 905 was built by this group and it is fully adjustable

http://www.true32customcabinetry.com/locations.html