Thread: Kitchen cabinet finishing

Kitchen cabinet finishing

Hi guys,

In the near future I will be finishing kitchen cabinets I'm going to build. Question is: do you all finish the outsides of the cabinet boxes or just the insides? I'll be using Target EM8000cv on the project. Thanks!

Jeff

For the kitchens I have done I used pre-finished ply. As to the EM8000cv - I also used that and it has held up very well over about 6 years so far.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    For the kitchens I have done I used pre-finished ply. As to the EM8000cv - I also used that and it has held up very well over about 6 years so far.
    The only problem is I can't get pre-finished ply in my neck of the woods or I'd be using it for sure. Glad to hear the Em8000 is holding up, thanks.

While it takes a bit more time due to the need to mask off glue lines, I like to pre-finish cabinet interior surfaces before building the boxes. I really dislike spraying into a box and sourcing pre-finished plywood prior to recently would have been very hard for me. I can get it now since I have a better sheet stock supplier, but for the limited amount of cabinetry I build, I doubt I'd bother to pay more for it. If I were doing a lot of cabinetry, however...the time savings to use pre-finished would pay off no question.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...