Thread: Remember dayligh savings time & check your smoke detector

Remember dayligh savings time & check your smoke detector

Remember to turn your clocks ahead tonight.

This is a good time to check your smoke detector too.

Also just pushing the button to test you smoke alarm doesn't tell you if it will detect smoke or not, all pushing the button does is test the circuit. You need to find a product called Smoke Test made by a company named CRC industries. It is a spray product that you spray at your smoke detector to set it off. Of course you can use something smoking to test the smoke detector too.

I have 62 smoke detectors that I test twice a year this way. I have many times checked the circuit & it worked fine but the detector wouldn't go off when sprayed with the Smoke Test.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Ditto Bart's suggestion to check your smoke detectors. They will save lives.

Ours has alarmed twice in the last year. Turns out they don't work very well as a kitchen timer either. The food is a little over done at that point. Fortunately, we did get to the kitchen before there was a fire. Sometimes you can multi-task a little too much.

Ted

don't forget

Flip your mattresses too!
    Sharpening skills, the plane truth.