Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a simple remote starter for 5 hp DC

Holy code violation batman...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post

You can also use house wiring switches with low voltage and bell wire running along the pipe- you will need two 3-way switches at each end of the circuit and additional 4-way switches for as many additional control stations as you have in between. The wiring can get a bit complicated. If you go the low voltage route you can also use toggle switches from Radio Shack- single pole double throw in place of the 3-way switches and double pole double throw in place of the 4-way switches.

Typical 4-way circuit (for additional stations insert additional 4-way switches between the 3-way switches at each end):

glad some one mentioned using 3-way and 4-way switches

or how about one of these
    http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LR2244.html
    Carpe Lignum

My setup is an appropriately rated 240v contactor with a 120v standard light switch centrally located in my shop to toggle the 120v control side of the setup. I played with multiple control points with an earlier wireless setup and found that it really wasn't worth the extra effort and cost to have switches at workstations. That centrally located switch is reachable with a few steps from anywhere in my shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Infinity has just what you wanted. http://www.infinitytools.com/iVac-Au...m_medium=email

It has a module at each machine connected wirelessly to a contactor at the dust collector. $60 per machine plus $100 for the contactor module.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Infinity has just what you wanted. http://www.infinitytools.com/iVac-Au...m_medium=email

It has a module at each machine connected wirelessly to a contactor at the dust collector. $60 per machine plus $100 for the contactor module.
    $60 for each machine transmitter module + $70 for a switch module (115-101S or 115-102S) + $100 for the contactor module. The contactor module doesn't have its own receiver so must plug into one of two switch modules. Its starting to get a bit expensive now.

If the walls in your shop are already closed in, it is nice to have wireless units, but I'll stick with my DIY current sensors which are low voltage wired to and operate my autogates and the DC.

alan's set up is the slickest i've seen, bar none. but the ivac system and the company that build and sell them (mbright) are absolutely first rate and, IMHO based on first hand experience, set the standard for excellent customer service.