Thread: New pendent from Russia

New pendent from Russia

I came across this on the cnczone, this pendent comes from Russia. I placed my order in mid April, (no money required up front until product ships) Andrey, builds each pendent himself. The quality and craftsmanship is excellent, the pendent is made from a solid piece of aluminum, no plastic. I just received mine yesterday (16 days to ship by post) and works great (delay in build was due to illness). the screen & buttons are user configurable. Model: ShuttleRU_STM32

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

What protocol does it use - modbus?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike,

I believe it's just a keyboard emulator & serial interface (for DRO data) connected through a USB port. More info at website: http://cncpendant.ru/en/shuttlerustm32.html

Dave
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    What protocol does it use - modbus?
    It uses a Mach3 plugin.
    Gerry

JointCAM

What was the final cost to your door Dave?

Ken,

A little expensive but I feel worth it just to have control and vissual readings right next to me during setup. $250.00 pendent + $15.00 shipping, US funds.

Dave

Mike,
    I know you use the modbus protocol for your spindle speedcontrol, however, unless I'm missing something here I can't see any benefitover an analog signal in this application. The modbus protocol is usedextensively in industry to communicate and transfer large amounts of dataeither serially or Ethernet to PLC's and DCS & DAS (data control and data acquisition)systems. I could understand it being used in a manufacturing setting whereprograms are sending instructions to many cnc machines. But in a single systemas we have I can't see the advantage for it's use, except for that of learning to use it. Hope you can enlighten me.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Spitzer View Post
    Ken,

A little expensive but I feel worth it just to have control and vissual readings right next to me during setup. $250.00 pendent + $15.00 shipping, US funds.

Dave
    Thanks Dave.

I am using this one now on my Bridgeport metal mill: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230697897898...84.m1423.l2649

And while it is functional I sure like this one you linked better. It feel's very "cheap" in your hands...and well, it is cheap!

I really like the jog wheel!