Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactile Text per the new ADA Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    We are having to work around construction workers and are constantly waiting for walls to be painted before we can install signs, this one is going right down to the wire.
    We did 400 or so ADA signs for a building. They beat us to death on the delivery. The time was so rushed, we actually drove to Florida to pick up some materials for the job because it would cut 3 days off the job. We worked 7 days a week to get this thing done. We were in daily contact with the people and it was "It HAS to happen on this date, no exceptions". We showed up with our 400 signs, the building had 100's of construction workers there, they hadn't even poured the sidewalks yet. We went inside, the walls were still being put up, there was no finished flooring, nothing. I called the people that had been screaming about it, they came over, and said "Oh, I didn't know it was so far behind".

We finished the job 3 months later, when they were finished building the building
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

What about covering the letters with transfer tape before laser cut then tumble with the tape on it?

Just a thought...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".