Thread: Using EM6000

Using EM6000

Are there any issues with spraying EM6000 over Enduro Var? The finish has been scuffed up really well.

Thanks
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Not likely, but best practice is to test it first on scrap...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

John, how old is the Enduro-Var finish? I'm considering using it on my current project; I've read it takes a full 2 weeks to cure. Did the scuffing occur within 2 weeks of application? Was it on a cabinet/table etc?
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

We bought the Enduro Var last December from Rockler for a Christmas project. And the scuffing occurred within a day, so it was not fully cured. We are using it on a Maple Highchair. After reading on Target Coatings website that EM6000 adheres to many things, I decided to go for it. I worked very well. The more I use EM6000 the better I like it. The resulting finish does not look as "plastic" as the Enduro Var. EM6000 is WAY easier to spray and easier to catch runs and sags on vertical surfaces with a wet high quality brush. Re-coat times are better, 2-4 hours for Enduro Var and 30 mins for EM6000. We need to polish the finish on the chair now, then we can install the hardware and the safety straps, when it is completed I will post some picture here on Sawmillcreek. I think I will pick up some more EM6000 the next time it is on sale with free shipping. The Enduro Var is more costly. $90 at Rockler, I had free shipping last December. Over all, with my limited experience, EM6000 is awesome.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic