Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting in touch with Shenhui?

Getting in touch with Shenhui?

What is the best way to get in touch with Shenhui?

I have emailed a detailed quote request off of their website via a form as well as directly to shenhuilaser @ shenhuilaser.com 3 times each with no response for 2.5 weeks.

From reading all the Shenhui posts I know that Pascal is now the U.S. sales representative. Does anyone have good contact information for Pascal or anyone else that I can speak to get the ball rolling on my quote request. Would really like to have the laser ordered in the next couple weeks.

- - - -

While I am on the topic I do have a few questions and would appreciate any opinions:

1. I would like to be able to perform fine engraving (photos on acrylic mainly). Will the 80W RECI allow me to do this? Will fine engraving ability be reduced if I went with the 100W RECI? I have read that operating the tube at low percentages is sometimes impossible which is why I am leaning towards the 80W.
    2. For those with dual head systems. From experience is it worth it? I am planning on some industrial/research type work which is why I am thinking dual heads will save some time.
    3. Can anyone confirm if I will be able to cut 3/4" acrylic in 1 pass with the 80W RECI?
    4. Opinions on asking Shenhui to wire the laser up for 100V?
    5. Opinion on asking Shenhui to install common ground and outlet for accessories?

All I can think of at the moment. Thanks everyone for the help.

The below list and special requests are what I am planning ordering. List was put together after reading as many Shenhui order posts I could find:

Laser:

• SH-G1290 Laser Cutting Machine Double Heads (80W RECI)
    • Chiller CW5000
    • Motorized Up and Down table
    • Red dot pointer to be coincidental with the beam path
    • 18mm lenses, NOT 15mm – IMPORTED lenses
    • NO Auto-focus system
    • 40mm Focus Length – IMPORTED lenses
    • Iron Honeycomb worktable
    • Aluminum knife worktable
    • X-axis switch on top left
    • Make a removable inspection hatch at the left side of the machine
    • Stronger Blower
    • Black and Red color
    • 220V, 60HZ
    • Both Cylinder and Irregular rotary

Extra Parts

• 1x 80W RECI Tube
    • 1x Tube power supply
    • Belts (One Set)
    • 3x Reflector lens – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 40mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 50mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 70mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 1x Step motor set
    • 1x Step motor driver set
    • 1x Main board (Motherboard)
    • 1x LCD Panel
    • 1x Bearings set
    • 2x Red dot

Required special requests:

• Will be paying for laser via PayPal. 30% in advance and 70% when laser is ready to be shipped
    • I understand that North America sales are handled by Pascal? There have been MULTIPLE complaints about orders through Pascal with missing parts so I have the following requirements:
      • PICTURES OF THE MACHINE IN THE CRATE WITH THE FRONT OPEN AND ALL SPARE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES LAID OUT IN FRONT OF THE MACHINE PRIOR TO SHIPPING.
      • ITEMIZED SHIPPING CHECKLIST EMAILED TO ME CONFIRMING ALL PARTS ARE INCLUDED IN CRATE PRIOR TO SHIPPING.

• DO NOT PACK ANYTHING ON TOP OF HONEYCOMB TABLE
    • DO NOT UNDERVALUE ON INVOICE. PLEASE SEND WITH CORRECT VALUE INVOICE.
    • I am planning on using Rogers & Brown as my customs broker
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

The email I used to contact him is shenhuilaser2010 at yahoo dot com dot cn

He can be difficult to reach at times though. As he said in a recent phone call - "I have many, many email addresses". Our laser is currently sitting in a NY port, and I'd been calling/emailing him for days to get the FDA Radiation Report Accession Numbers that customs needed in order to release the machine. It took several emails and half a dozen phone calls for him to send it over. (Make sure your customs broker gets this information while the shipment is in transit... I'm a little upset at mine for saying they didn't have the info the day the laser arrived.)

We demanded photos as you stated above... and received a handful of shots of everything boxed up on a pallet... after everything had shipped. We did receive the itemized checklist... however since it was more or less a direct copy of our purchase invoice, I don't have much faith in it. Hopefully, we'll unpack everything this week, and I'll post the results.

Also, be prepared to pay a bit more than most of what has been posted on these forums... it seems that their prices have gone up across the board since the earlier orders were placed.
    Last edited by Nick Foley; 07-01-2012 at 11:53 PM.

An 80 watt Reci is okay for engraving but I would want something smaller to make a business of engraving. The main problem I think is the response time of the laser. The bigger they get the slower they are to turn on and off. So for fine engraving the 80 watt is not the best. Actually, if I were in the engraving business I would want an RF tube machine.

The 80 watt is nice because it can cut well and engrave fairly well. If you need to cut 3/4" acrylic the 80 watt can probably just manage but you would be better off with more power. I am basing this off my attempts to cut through 1" acrylic. I did it, in a single pass, but the bottom quarter inch was pretty rough.

I think a dual head machine is useful in production work. If you aren't making many copies of the same thing I think it is more trouble than it is worth.

Maybe consider a small 60 watt machine for engraving and a larger 150 watt for cutting.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Best to get em on skype.. try blanca yan ,blanca610616 and yardefeng (the tech guy) , they might have pascals skype name if you forced to deal with him/her.

I would get a single head machine to start with , 80w Reci will do. You will struggle with most lasers of that power or even double that to get thru 3/4 acrylic acceptably.
    Spare parts etc are fine.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I would contact Blanca Yan directly. Her email is: yanblanca at yahoo dot com. I worked with her directly for my north america order and everything went smoothly. I had no problem getting FDA numbers, detailed photos or an itemized checklist. She was great to work with.

REPLIES in bold

1. I would like to be able to perform fine engraving (photos on acrylic mainly). Will the 80W RECI allow me to do this? Will fine engraving ability be reduced if I went with the 100W RECI? I have read that operating the tube at low percentages is sometimes impossible which is why I am leaning towards the 80W.

My 100W can be a little slow to repond when rastering at over 400mm/s, but it is a very good cutter, and when slowed down with the right lenses is a decent engraver.

2. For those with dual head systems. From experience is it worth it? I am planning on some industrial/research type work which is why I am thinking dual heads will save some time.
    3. Can anyone confirm if I will be able to cut 3/4" acrylic in 1 pass with the 80W RECI?

100W does, but the bottom edge can drag.

4. Opinions on asking Shenhui to wire the laser up for 100V?
    5. Opinion on asking Shenhui to install common ground and outlet for accessories?

Sometimes it is best to let the Chinese do their standard stuff and install your own accessories how you want. Not sure on your setup, but we made many revisions to our air supply and extraction after receiving the machine. The latest setup has a compressor piped from another building from another circuit but controlled by a solenoid we added inside the laser. The exhaust is upstairs and controlled by a delay off timer, again on another circuit.

All I can think of at the moment. Thanks everyone for the help.

The below list and special requests are what I am planning ordering. List was put together after reading as many Shenhui order posts I could find:

Laser:

• SH-G1290 Laser Cutting Machine Double Heads (80W RECI)

Might be a small machine for double heads

• Chiller CW5000
    • Motorized Up and Down table
    • Red dot pointer to be coincidental with the beam path
    • 18mm lenses, NOT 15mm – IMPORTED lenses

18mm works well

• NO Auto-focus system
    • 40mm Focus Length – IMPORTED lenses
    • Iron Honeycomb worktable

Aluminium usually I am pretty sure

• Aluminum knife worktable
    • X-axis switch on top left

Don't bother, just work on top right where they usually put the limit switches, alterations will confuse things with the language barrier. Top right is no problem and you can change in software where you want to position the work and however you do it will be flexible.

• Make a removable inspection hatch at the left side of the machine

I don't have this and don't miss it

• Stronger Blower

My 1280 came with a 3HP compressor, 1280 is slightly cheaper, with the snake for the cables you can't always use the full y as you can get a collision between the snake and the casing around the top door hinge. We had the 550W exhaust fan, it is just about good enough for 100W cutting of wood which is really smokey, 10-15s delay off to clear everything. Sometimes when cutting hard you can see the red dot lighting up the smoke haze in the cabinet, so some power is lost there. Despite an open front slot an inch or so high we never get smoke in the room.

• Black and Red color
    • 220V, 60HZ

I think China is 50Hz, main implication is speed of any motors, best check with US people on this.

• Both Cylinder and Irregular rotary

We got both but apart from testing have never used either. One is like a lathe. I suppose they are quite cheap.

Extra Parts

• 1x 80W RECI Tube
    • 1x Tube power supply
    • Belts (One Set)
    • 3x Reflector lens – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 40mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 50mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 2x Focus lens (Focus Length 70mm) – IMPORTED lenses
    • 1x Step motor set
    • 1x Step motor driver set
    • 1x Main board (Motherboard)
    • 1x LCD Panel
    • 1x Bearings set
    • 2x Red dot

Last edited by john banks; 07-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

I like the steel honeycomb that came with mine , seems as good if not better than my ally ones I got with the GCC's , best of all they are magnetic... A coupla rare earth magnets and you can hold anything down . We unbolted the knife edge tables and have never used em ... tested the rotaries and then stored em too..
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Interesting. We find the knife edge is best for our wood cutting (because the back side gets no burns whereas the honeycomb is awful), and only use the honeycomb for paper or fabric. Will test our honeycomb to see if magnetic!
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

I did't get the knife edge table but I wish I did. I would put the honeycomb (steel) on top of it to increase the distance from the shiny aluminum table to the bottom of the work piece.
    Gerber Sabre 408

Thanks for all of the advice all !! I will give Blanca a try and modify my order with your recommendations.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

One more question...

Any Shenhui 80W owners out there that can comment on engraving ability with the 80W RECI?
    I have read comments about the 100W RECI with the correct lenses being OK so I am assuming the 80W will be better.

Just torn between the 80W and 100W currently...

I may even consider purchasing both 150W and 60W like someone else on this forum did.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

I can engrave text that is 1mm tall with my 80 watt Reci. It is perfectly readable and I am sure it would be acceptable for 99% of the people out there but it is not as good as I would like and it it is slow. Speeds faster than 150mm/sec start to show problems.

An earlier thread shows some good examples of engraving up to 800mm/sec. It really depends upon the detail you need. I don't do much engraving so the 80 watt works fine for me. When I need the detail I can slow it down.
    Gerber Sabre 408

I would go for 2 machine if you feel you have the demand , a VERY large format 150W "cutter" (1500 x 1200?) and a smaller 600 x 900 or a little bigger "engraver" with a cheap 60w tube. You will be able to overlap both machines for engraving and cutting and have built in redundancy. (I would rather go that route than a twin head)
    If you want a single machine , the 80w will do the same as the 60w but with a longer life and better cutting - I compared both and really it was a coin flip as to whether the 60w was significantly "better" than the 80w.
    You have to balance what is acceptable vs speed/time/cost. If you inspect engraving with a 10x loupe - NOTHING is really acceptable.. however if the customer is reading it normally , it might be way BEYOND what the customer deems is acceptable. I almost always err on the side of over expectations when producing work , but it's probably a waste of some time on our part ... but thats just me...

Hi there,

After RECI improvment,now they only have 90w and 120wtube,no 80w or 100w one ,so when customer need 80w,we call it W2 tube(agreement power is 90w,peak 100w),if need 100w,we called it W4(agreement power is 120w,peak power is 135w)

Just for your refrence,hope this can help you

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Chua View Post
    One more question...

Any Shenhui 80W owners out there that can comment on engraving ability with the 80W RECI?
    I have read comments about the 100W RECI with the correct lenses being OK so I am assuming the 80W will be better.

Just torn between the 80W and 100W currently...

I may even consider purchasing both 150W and 60W like someone else on this forum did.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 07-03-2012 at 6:38 AM.

Hi Guys;
    I have both tables and and like the honeycomb mucho better-especially when cutting large pieces of thin warpabl;e material as the use of thin earth magnets makes it very simple to hold the stuff flat. I have tried to find steel honeycomb material here in the States to make smaller tables for my other laser but no joy so far. By the way-don't throw out your bad/old hard drives. Take them apart and rescue the arc shaped magnets-very powerful and very useful foe many apps.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts