Thread: Help with X6 Changing RGB to CMYK - Driving Me Crazy

Help with X6 Changing RGB to CMYK - Driving Me Crazy

So, after looking online, I still do not know how to fix this issue. It seems all of the X4 files I created as RGB are converting to CMYK and no matter what settings I toggle, nothing seems to fix the fact that my colors are getting #^%& up. Help would be appreciated since I do not want to manually correct all of my files or have to go back to X4.

Thanks in advance!!
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

My only thought is set up a default page of settings rgb color and save as default. It is possible that when you open them the default setting in x6 is cmyk
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

I've noticed the same thing. I've changed the default color in X6 under Options/Document/General, saved the settings, etc., but older files appear to be opened with CYMK as the default. I've opened older files in X4 and verified they are set to RGB but X6 still opens them as CYMK... Only fix I've found is to open each older file in X6, immediately change its default color, and save as X6...

-Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    My only thought is set up a default page of settings rgb color and save as default. It is possible that when you open them the default setting in x6 is cmyk
    x6 screen shots.jpg

I hope this image comes through....anyone able to pick up on incorrect settings??
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Although I've been trying to get different questions answered in regards to X4, I came across this pdf which may be of some help -

http://www.corel.com/content/pdf/cdgsx5/Color_Management_Guide.pdf

There was a major change after X4 in how colors are handled. X5 and X6 are based on the same architecture I believe but quite a bit different from X4.

Same issue occurs between X5 and X6.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Have you tried importing the old files into an open blank file with RGB as the default, instead of opening? Don't have X5 orX6, but just thinking....
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

I can't view the images Chris posted (too small) so I'm not sure if he posted the solution. I just installed Corel Draw X6 on a new drive and I am customizing it now for all my X3 settings. I have made a slew of changes for it to match my X3, but I think I have this solved the CMYK conversion by doing one of these things:

Tools, Color Management, Default Settings. On the right side, check mark "Warn on color profile mismatch" and "Warn on missing color profile." I also changed my Primary Color Mode to RGB.

If that does not solve the problem, the other change I made was under Tools, Custimazation, Color Palette. Uncheck "Automatically update the document palette."

I am able to close CD and re-open it and my default palette is now RGB as well as all my X3 documents will open as RGB and any new documents.

If this does not work, I have one more thing I did, but I need to re-trace those steps to figure out how to write that up!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    I can't view the images Chris posted (too small) so I'm not sure if he posted the solution. I just installed Corel Draw X6 on a new drive and I am customizing it now for all my X3 settings. I have made a slew of changes for it to match my X3, but I think I have this solved the CMYK conversion by doing one of these things:

Tools, Color Management, Default Settings. On the right side, check mark "Warn on color profile mismatch" and "Warn on missing color profile." I also changed my Primary Color Mode to RGB.

If that does not solve the problem, the other change I made was under Tools, Custimazation, Color Palette. Uncheck "Automatically update the document palette."

I am able to close CD and re-open it and my default palette is now RGB as well as all my X3 documents will open as RGB and any new documents.

If this does not work, I have one more thing I did, but I need to re-trace those steps to figure out how to write that up!
    gonna give it a go shortly.

Thanks to all.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Hi, I'm new to this group but great to see I am not the only one having trouble opening corel x4 files with x6. Have been annoying (or trying to) corel for 3 weeks and still no answer from them, some one has made a big mis calculuation. I have several hundred files created in x4 that will keep getting used but will have to keep x4 running so they are still usable without a lot of time changing from cymk to rgb. It is hard to imagine the arrogance of a co like corel charging for an upgrade that can't properly open files properly from thier own software only 2 versions old!!!!
    Has anyone else got any info from corel?

Mike, if you would, retrace your steps on that last thing please. It would seem that "half" of the objects in my CDR retained RGB and rest did not - Artistic text went CMYK, all other objects stayed RGB.

One more acronym - WTF!
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

I am having a lot of WTF moments with this conversion. Thankfully I installed X6 on a new drive with a clean install of XP, so I'm dual-booting between drives and still using my X3 for engraving. I need to do errands today, so I'll look at this later tonight and report back. I need to see if my artistic text has switched to RGB too! I plan to start a new thread with a list of "fixes" I have had to do to get things working properly.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Well unfortunately I cannot recreate my steps since I no longer have the CMYK palette defaulting when I start X6. I know I tried two methods, but I don't remember which one I tried first.

I had a blank (default) document open. The CMYK palette was open by default. I then went into Window, Color Palettes and opened an RGB palette.
    I then clicked on the little triangle "play" button above the RGB palette and found a "set as default" option.
    I then clicked on the little triangle "play" button above the CMYK palette and then selected Palette and Close.
    Then I went into Tools and Save Settings as Default and closed Corel and re-opened it.

If that does not work, then the next step may have been what I did to solve it.

At the blank document, I clicked on the triangle "play" button above the RGB palette, then selected Palette and Save As and called it X3RGB and then selected "set as default" then closed the CMYK palette and then went into Tools Options and saved the document settings as default.

I can open my X3 documents and everything is coming up RGB including artistic text. If someone wants to attach an X4 document, I can try to open it and see if it comes up RGB for me.

Alright ... I had to uninstall and reinstall X6. I thought it was crashing when using OpenType fonts because of me importing my X3 workspace. After the uninstall/reinstall, it's still crashing when I hover over a certain opentype font. I did confirm how to set my RGB to default again.

With a blank document open, I went into Window, Color Palette and selected RGB palette. I then clicked on the triange "play" button above the CMYK palette and selected Palette, Close. I then clicked on the triangle "play" button above the RGB palette and selected Set as Default. Just to be safe, I then went to Tools, Save Settings as Default. I am able to close and reopen Corel and it defaults to an RGB palette and opens my X3 documents with an RGB palette.