Thread: Harbor Frieght HVLP

Harbor Frieght HVLP

Several people have opined on differents WW sites the decent preformance of HF's HVLP. It would seem that a $40.00 gun would have many short comings. It comes with a 1.4 setup and I see no others advertised.
    would a knowledgable person(s) please give an opinion?

Harbor Freight sells a number of HVLP guns, what model are you considering? They sold one that probably came off the same line as the Porter-Cable PSH-1 without the Porter-Cable name. I'm sure $40 guns don't have stainless steel fluid passages and such. That doesn't necessarily mean they can't put down a decent finish.

The model in question is the 66222. It is the same body that is sold by many other companies and recognizable by the "H827W" in the casting. The fit and finish is far superior to the $15 HF gun which has very cheap plating on the knobs. I haven't been able to find any other size tip/nozzle replacements and it is limited to the 1.4.

I have had good result with the gun but since I don't have much experience to compare it I can't really answer the OP's question. I just thought I would clarify which gun is the one that most would recommend.

are the 1.4 tip threads the same size as other spray gun