Thread: Felder Owners Group

Felder Owners Group

Anybody out there got pull with the Felder Owners Group ( the one and only original FOG)?

When I moved 7 years ago, and switched internet providers, they somehow dropped me. I have tried numerous time to rejoin. At first, I got a message telling me I wasn't me, then later no contact at all. Now, even tries to start from scratch are dumped by Yahoo. They take all the info, then immediately tell me I have the wrong password etc, right after setting the password.

When I first moved, it was the FOG site that refused me, but lately I suspect it is now a Yahoo problem, rather than FOG, because I have never gotten on the FOG site in the last few years.

No, I don't want to go back to AOL. No, no, no.

Rick Potter

I don't understand what Yahoo would have to do with Felder.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

The issue seems to be Rick that the forum runs on Yahoo Groups. Yahoo fairly clearly don't invest much by way of personalised or non-routine support in these stock forums - of which there are huge numbers. With the result that it can be hard to get technical issues affecting individuals sorted out. Troubleshooting seems to be largely a case of DIY.

The main guys on FOG are generally helpful (even if they do have their own very distinct style of tough love ), but they don't necessarily I'm guessing have much closer of an involvement with Yahoo.

Maybe you could re-join via another network and ask for some help? They are pretty knowledgeable on IT tech issues.

Alternatively if you would PM me a short note describing your situation and problem with your name I'd be happy to post it for you - you'd have to look in to FOG to see what replies come.

ian

I have tried to join that group a couple times. I tried again yesterday .. After jumping through a bunch of hoops, it said the servers where busy and to try again later..

I will try again now .. .. if i get through, I will sneak you in ..

felder-woodworking-owner@yahoogroups.com

Send an email to John, Scott or Brian ..

Tell them what's up ..

Message sent just now saying that you are having problems, and asking for help. I'll PM you here with anything that comes back to me.

ian

Thanks guys,

I am sending an e-mail to John and Scott. If it's the John and Scott I am thinking of, I know them both.

Rick Potter

EDIT: E-mail sent.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 06-17-2012 at 3:52 AM.

This is a rather old thread I am resurrecting, but I have the same problem of trying to join the Felder Owners Group. They aren't responding to my join request. Is the group still active? Anybody know?

Thanks. John H

Wow. I used the email address in the above thread from Rick Fischer. It worked. Just got a response from Brian.

John H