Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cobra X3

We ordered Aspire and Cabinets Parts Pro . . . another really big learning curve.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

A couple of question for anyone who will share.

1) Do you load the software (Aspire or Cabinet Parts Pro) on the computer that came with the machine or on the one you will be doing design work on (you know the one in the office . . . the one in air condiltion)?

2) Has anyone ever had an electrical plug mounted on the machine itself, like for the computer?
    God Bless,
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    A couple of question for anyone who will share.

1) Do you load the software (Aspire or Cabinet Parts Pro) on the computer that came with the machine or on the one you will be doing design work on (you know the one in the office . . . the one in air condiltion)?

2) Has anyone ever had an electrical plug mounted on the machine itself, like for the computer?
    I have my designing software (Aspire, Auto sketch CAD programs ect.) on both of my computers (house and shop next to CNC machine) I do all most all my designating on the computer in my home and only use the computer in the shop for running the CNC machine and any changes to the parts I designed on the house computer . At first I did most of my design work on the shop computer, but it's quieter in the house, and I can think better when designing .
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

My inclination is to keep the PC that runs the router as clean (software wise) as clean as possible. You don't want it choking in the middle of running parts...

So I wouldn't load anything but what you need to run the router. But that's just me...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

I do it the same way as Robert does. The computer that runs the cnc does have vcarve on it, but it is only used for quick simple tweeking of something, not for real design work.

Keeping the computer that runs the cnc clean, as Jim says, is a good idea. Software like aspire or vcarve would not cause problems if loaded. What might cause issues is a configuration that generates windows interrupts, that would steal time away from mach3 and might be a problem. An example of such a configuration would be a network card. So my cnc computer is not connected to a network.

I did not put an outlet on my cnc machine, but it is not a bad idea to do so. But for my setup, I really don't need it, and for me, it would probably be in the way.

I would not worry about the learning curve of the software you are going to be using. You do not need to learn it overnight, and since vectric writes really nice software, it is fun to learn.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    We ordered Aspire and Cabinets Parts Pro . . . another really big learning curve.
    You might want to bookmark the Vectric forum http://www.vectric.com/forum/index.p...163b5009cabf8a
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Thanks everyone, that helps alot, we are going to have to do this one step at time. You know we've been on the Sawmill Engravers forum since 2006, this one is a little new to us but I know there are a GREAT group of people here and look forward to sharing our accomplishments with all of you :-)

@ Mick, thanks for the link!
    God Bless,
    Texas