Thread: getting kicked off

getting kicked off

This may have been covered before. Whenever I attempt to post or reply I seem to get kicked off and have to log back on again. I am not sure how much time is involved but it is not very long. Is there a way to change this? Thank you in advance.

Ron - sounds like something happened to the cookie. On your browser - delete the existing Sawmill Creek cookie, then go back and log into the site and see if that doesn't take care of your problem.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Well some months later I still get kicked off if I am inactive for a few minutes. I also am told I am "not logged in" when I attempt to answer a post or check notifications. Repeatedly! Log off then log back on. A constant pain. I am using Mozilla Fire Fox browser. I do not have this problem on any other site so I am baffled. Thoughts? Yep it just happened again.

Blog Entries
    Like Steve, my immediate reaction is that some protective function is clearing info required to maintain your logged in status. The fact that this is not occurring on other sites that require you to be logged in makes it a little more specific. If you have another browser product, IE, Chrome, Opera. whatever . . . login using that browser and watch for the behavior. This will tell you if it is an unintended setting on your Firefox installation or something else.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thank you. I just noticed tonight that my not so wonderful verizon wireless, the only thing I can get, go off line intermittently then reconnects on it's own. It reaks havoc on financial transactions. So then I am now wondering if when it does this I get logged off the creek? In the mean time I can try to use Chrome for the site. Thanks

Well I just got logged off again while I was typing the above post. No Verizon shut down though?

Well now 4 times in a row and it tells me I do not have the rights to edit my own post?
    Last edited by Ron Bontz; 09-01-2012 at 11:52 PM.