Thread: TS Aligner Jr ??

TS Aligner Jr ??

I was wondering if any one has this alignment tool & if so would you recommend it? I have to replace my table on my saw and will have to align it with the blade. Any info is much appreciated.
    Joseph Govea

Have it. Like it. Review on my site. But you can technically do the alignment you need to to with your miter gauge, a clamp and a pointed stick...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, I not trying to steal the thread, but I clicked on your site and the Gleempaint link, they look like they have some great speacials on HVLP guns and combo's. Do you have any experience with them?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Jim, I not trying to steal the thread, but I clicked on your site and the Gleempaint link, they look like they have some great speacials on HVLP guns and combo's. Do you have any experience with them?
    Yes. Nathan is top shelf. I have a review of the Wagner gun on my site, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the info on your review.
    Joseph Govea

I've got a TS Aligner Jr and like it, although I have to use it so infrequently that I always have to pull out the manual and video again when I use it. When I bought my PM66 I borrowed one from a guy at work so I could get my new TS all set up accurately. I was pretty impressed with it and when I needed to use it longer, due to FedEx losing the box with the saw fence rails, I ended up just ordering one myself. Fortunately the PM66 is pretty much a set-it-and-forget-it saw, so the TS Jr hasn't gotten a lot of use there. I've put it to use on the jointer and planer several times to double check the results of the knife setting jig. I've also double-checked squares for squareness with it - more out of curiousity than anything, since ther's other ways to do that. It's a bit pricey, and not something you'll probably use a lot, but it's nice to have.
    Use the fence Luke

Yup - I have one.

I bought mine shortly after getting a Jet cabinet saw a few years ago. I like the TS Aligner, Jr. and I feel it is worth the money, even though there are alternate and less expensive ways to align tools. The guy that makes the TS Aligner, Jr. was very helpful with some questions I had when I first used it. I have used it to set up and maintain the table saw several times, on the drill press and a few other uses in the shop. It is a really accurate depth gauge, if you want/need that feature. It can be used to set very accurate table saw blade angles also. It makes quick work of checking fence alignment on the table saw, so I do it more often than I would otherwise. This is one of those tools you don't really "need", but it is a nice luxury item to have in your shop, IMHO.

Thank You for your input. I decided to order one. I see that it can be used on bandsaw, jointer, etc. Again thank you for your input. Nice review on jim's website.
    Joseph Govea