Thread: Donation Glitch Using Credit Card

Donation Glitch Using Credit Card

I am new to the forum and am trying to donate. I don't have a Paypal Account and don't really want to start one. I have tried to use several different credit cards for the non paypal options but get an error everytime from Northwind Associates who I am assuming is the third party that handles the donation transactions. The error message says to try a different card. Both of our cards (Visa/Discover) can be used online without issue. Anyone else having this trouble?

Joshua.....send a PM to Jackie Outten or Keith Outten concerning your problem.

Northwind Associates is a company owned by Jackie and Keith who also own SawMillCreek.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken - thanks for the heads up - will do!

You don't need a PP account to use the PP option. Just go as paying by PP and it will not set up an account, just take your money.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    You don't need a PP account to use the PP option. Just go as paying by PP and it will not set up an account, just take your money.
    Hi Scott

As I had mentioned in my original post, I used the "non paypal" option with two different cards with the same failure. I have PM'd the owner Keith as Ken had suggested, but haven't heard back just yet. Sometimes posted replys come across as cranky - please don't take mine this way, just wanted to clarify the specific problem. Thanks for you post.

Order using the Paypal option. You can pay using this option without setting up an account. It will only ask for your info to verify your credit card. I have done it this way for years, and like you, I don't have a PP account. I get no PP spam at all. Using the non Paypal option will just give you the address to mail a check.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Scott

That is what I did with both cards. I went through the "order using paypal" option, then entered my info for processing under the "don't have a paypal account" option. For both cards that I tried this on (which we use online regularly) it rejected the transaction and asked for a different card.

Josh

Joshua,

The problem you are having is with the Paypal side of things and I don't have any information that would be helpful. I have checked our side and can't find any issues. I know that this type of transaction is a very common occurrence here through Paypal and it is rare for anyone to have a problem.
    If you cannot solve the problem with Paypal let me know and I will ask our server administrator to see if he can find a resolution.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-10-2012 at 6:52 AM.

Joshua

Everything went through fine this morning.

Jackie Outten