Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Clark's "Practical Shop Cabinets" Website is down. Is there another link?

Tom Clark's "Practical Shop Cabinets" Website is down. Is there another link?

I'm preparing to layout and build cabinets for my new shop and had planned to purchase Tom Clark's "Practical Shop Cabinets". However, the link appears down. Does anyone have another link or source for his book?

Thanks,
    Cam

I just looked and his website is working. His e-mail is:tcbooks@mac.com
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Works for me.
    tomclarkbooks.com/Welcome.html
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-13-2012 at 6:24 AM.
    Setting up a workshop, from standing tree to bookshelves

Thanks, I had a different link that must have been retired. BTW, what did you think of his book on cabinets?

thanks,
    Cameron

It was very useful for me. I tend to over think things and the books shows a very efficient way to build cabinets. The book makes you think which is a good thing in my opinion. I am still building my first big cabinet and had I not read the book I would have built it with doors instead of drawers. Well worth the money I spent.

The correct link is now: http://tomclarkbooks.com/Practical_Shop_Cabinets.html

Sorry guys, but right in the middle of setting up the new shop in New Mexico, Apple computer decided to stop hosting web sites, so I had to stop everything and relearn enough to move the site to a new host that would work with my iWeb software. The site was down for a week or so. For those who have not visited the site in awhile, it was updated and some new photos added. Meanwhile, now that the site is back up, the shop is busy making cabinets for the new homestead…

Thanks! I placed an order last Friday and look fwd to the book.

I'm very interested in ordering Tom's book, but am having trouble getting in touch to do so.

The website is up at http://tomclarkbooks.com/Practical_Shop_Cabinets.html but the PayPal link there takes me to a customer service page. So it's not clear how to order except mailing a check to his New Mexico address.

There's no other contact info on his website anywhere I could find. I did email the address given above (tcbooks@mac.com) back in May but got no reply.

It's not totally clear whether the book is still available since the web page notes a reprint in 2013 which was some time ago. And the fact the web links don't work and no response to email make one wonder if he's still active with fulfilling orders. I'd like to know before just randomly mailing out a check, even though it's not that much $$.

I've looked for a way to private message him on this forum, but haven't found a way to do so.

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to support his book and outfit my garage.

Thanks much
    --Ben

His email address was provided in post #2 tcbooks@mac.com Have you emailed him about your problem?

Charley

Looks like he has his private messaging turned off here and his last activity was back in March of this year.

He had this thread last summer about the book and building the cabinets: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...nets&p=2452396

Maybe post there to see if it attracts his attention?

11. I sent PayPal to his email address and a message for ordering his book, last month

it arrived in the mail about 5 days later

have the work table from the book in progress with a few modifications

Yep, as noted I tried emailing him before, and again. Still no response.

Good idea, thx.

Thanks. Think I'll go ahead and try that since I am interested in the book. Thx for the info.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Ben Willetts View Post
    Yep, as noted I tried emailing him before, and again. Still no response.
    only response I got was PayPal payment was successful
    And then the book arrived in my mailbox

I figured he was on vacation or something