Thread: Rolling sound board desk for church ideas

Rolling sound board desk for church ideas

Hi. My church is building a new worship center and I've been asked/volunteered to build a rolling table to hold the sound board and laptop to run the projector. I have some basic specs from the AV guys and have general idea of what I want to do. What I'm asking is that if any of you have built such a project, would you be willing to share some pictures of what you've done? Maybe you've done something that I haven't considered. I hope to get my final design finished by the end of July and hopefully build over the month of August. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

I've never built exactly that, but my advice about furniture for electronics is to not shrink-fit it too closely to the current electronics. Hopefully, you're building the furniture to last decades. The electronics is going to change, probably many times, over the life of the furniture. You don't know what it will become, so the best you can do is build a general-purpose piece, and hope that will suffice twenty years from now.