Thread: Delta 50-760 collection bag band clamp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Delta 50-760 collection bag band clamp

Hi folks, I could use a little help. As many people have noted in the past, the band clamp that holds the bottom plastic bag onto the Delta 50-760 dust collector is improperly sized. The latch is either too loose at the second latch position or way too tight at the third. Like a meathead, I forced the issue and broke the latch. It doesn't make any sense for me to buy an OEM replacement part, since I'd be spending $30 on something that didn't work properly in the first place.

So what to do? I tried a bungee cord, but it leaks badly where the hooks meet. A friend suggested getting a big worm drive hose clamp, but I can't find those anywhere (I've checked Grainger, Rockler, HD, Lowes, Amazon, Grizzly, and half a dozen other places). I thought about one of those nylon 'come along' band clamps that we use as hold-downs on our pick-ups, but my friend thought that would leak at the ratcheting mechanism. I wondered about a flexible magnetic strip, cutting it to the exact 20" circumference and sandwiching the bag between the magnet and the steel ring protruding from the unit. But I'm not sure if a magnet would be strong enough with 30 lbs of collected dust and the air pressure of the unit itself.

Any other suggestions or ideas?
    If not, does anyone know where I can grab a large diameter worm drive hose clamp? I could always gang up a couple together, I guess, but the more Sanford and Son I get, the greater the chances this thing will spew dust at me.
    Thanks much,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association