Thread: Handwheel Readouts?

Handwheel Readouts?

Where do you get devices like you see below the handwheels on the TS29? How do you buy them - by thread or size or what? What are they called?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Looks like what I would call a rotating shaft counter, but I have never seen direct reading ones, though these don't look like they do either. The ones I have seen count tenths of a revolution but I haven't seen ones that look like they would be an easy retrofit for this application, but you may be able to find something.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

remote reading would be even better. Any links Van?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    remote reading would be even better. Any links Van?

No, I meant direct reading as in the readout displays inches or mm etc. I don't have any links but bet you could see what I was talking about at Mcmaster Carr etc just search rotating shaft counter. It may get you a start but I haven't seen them with threads just shafts...

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I found Siko - Awesome stuff. They make handwheels too - I wonder if I can retrofit my T1002S!

Those look very cool!

We have these on some machines at work. I could look Monday and give you a name and possibly a supplier.

They only read in tenths and full revolutions of the shaft. The thread size and TPI doesn't matter but you'll need a section of straight shaft to mount them on.

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I've got one on my shaper, but don't find it all that useful. Soon to be replaced with a pro scale. I believe it reads in 1/100 of an inch. Sounds accurate enough, but for things like setting the height on cope & stick cutters, it's quite inadequate.