Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 50-760 collection bag band clamp

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Cambra View Post
    Check at this location: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/clamps.html ; they appear to have hose clamps in the diameter range you need.

Mac
    Thanks, Mac! Part ordered. $4 part plus $9 shipping, lol.
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association

I tried to find a quick-release clamp with worm drive. McMaster sells them in various sizes, but in the size you'd need they only have stainless and they are very expensive ($75).

These give a wide range of adjustment. Basically, with the quick release locked, you adjust the worm drive with a screw to snug the clamp up. Then when you want to remove/replace the unit, you use the quick release.

The largest non-stainless one McMaster sells is the 5588K18, for $18.50. It only goes up to 14-3/4". So you'd either need to find a supplier of larger units, or extend one of the McMaster units.

But you have a solution, and with a drill-driver, can probably remove/reinstall it pretty quickly.

Make sure the hose clamp does not cut your bag.

I say use the felt lined snap ring.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

When I needed a couple of extra long hose clamps, I made my own. I took a band clamp and cut it in half. Then I pop rivited a section of steel banding to each end. Two per end. Be sure and use STEEL rivits, as the aluminum ones will just shear off.