Thread: Is there a way to default to 'linear mode'?

Is there a way to default to 'linear mode'?

Im just curious, because I find the nested view very confusing and not at all useful to track a thread by. Im sure there are many that like it, but I would very much like to have the default setting the 'linear' mode. I dont always notice it when I first log on, and it makes a post go somewhere in the structure that doesnt necessarily make any sense.

Yes. Click on the Display dropdown at the upper right and select Linear Mode. If you have your browser software set to accept cookies it should remember the setting.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks Bruce,

Thats likely my problem - I clear cookies and all other tracing mechanisms at closeout each session.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    Thanks Bruce,

Thats likely my problem - I clear cookies and all other tracing mechanisms at closeout each session.
    I did that years ago and decided it was more bother that it was worth (to me). I will occasionally look at my cookies and delete the unneeded or unknown.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney