Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Oversize Dust Collector? Oneida V System 3HP vs. 5HP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Spiral pipe and metal fittings are reuseable. Half my system consists of used parts which are cheap and plentiful. The benefits of proper pipe sizing and long radius ells are worth the effort and a few extra holes can be covered with sealing tape. Dave
    Just my $.02 but I'd agree with Dave. I used the spiral duct and the long radious Y's and 90*'s. I bought the stuff from Oneida. It's expensive and there's also a cost for shipping but I think it's ideal for dust collection and very good about being re-usable or making changes to the system. If I had to do it again I think I would try to buy it locally and save some. I would think the HVAC Supply houses would carry it. At least the spiral duct.

Careful about reducing the size of the main. Reducing the size of the main slows down the air flow.

Just my thoughts.

PHM

To me the 6" mains negate the reason for buying the 5 hp unit. You get a little more cfm due to the larger diameter impeller than you would with the 3 hp unit but it is still like putting a small exhaust on a Corvette. Spiral is not that expensive if bought locally and often the HVAC places have a bunch from prior jobs pretty cheap. 6-7-8" fittings are all over the internet as well as Kencraft and Oneida. There is even a fair amount of Nordfab on CL. Dave