Thread: How do you set page and desktop color in CorelDraw?

How do you set page and desktop color in CorelDraw?

I've always used the default desktop/page color of white, but wanted to try using a shade of grey as the white is a bit overpowering when drawing with light colors such as yellow. However I can't figure out where I set the color of my desktop/page. Anyone know where this is set?

tools, options, documents, background
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Another way is just to double click on the page border, that will bring up the options dialog for the page. Love Corel.... always more than one way to do things!

Regards Steve.
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

James, that worked, thanks. Steven, thanks for the alternate method.

I found that even a 5% grey page background made the line colors on my monitor more visible and crisp.

Just a little addendum if anyone else picks up this thread - you need to uncheck "Print and export background" when you set up you page color. Otherwise the laser will try to raster the background of the page. I thought my laser was malfunctioning until I realize it was rastering the grey page.

Is the desktop fixed permanently at white? I was mainly concerned with the page (background) color but I draw and sketch on the desktop and changing the background does not affect the desktop. I could not find any way to set it.