Thread: 3M #10 gun vs Fuji XPC?

3M #10 gun vs Fuji XPC?

Both seem to get good reviews but I'm leaning toward the Fuji based on availability and cost. The 3M gun is a little more expensive and can be hard to find actually in stock. The Fuji can be had next day from Amazon. I'll be keeping the original bleeder gun from my Turbinaire HVLP system which I have a wide variety of needles and caps for so for the foreseeable future I can use it for paints, a second gun for 2-step processes, etc. but eventually I'll want to get more needles and caps. Looks like the Fuji sets are less than 1/2 the price of the 3M and again readily available from Amazon. Any big advantage to the 3M that I'm missing?

BTW, I'm considering the pressure fed guns, and either way I'll be using the 3M PPS system instead of an aluminum cup. I already own the PPS cup and adapter, but might buy another cup and adapter which does level the playing field price-wise since the 3M gun can be purchased with the PPS system installed.

I've got a 10 gun with PPS & really like it. I can't believe the cost of NN sets though! I bought mine from Jeff at homestead several years ago & at that time I don't think he was selling the Fuji line. Now he does. I'd give him a call & ask.

I ended up ordering the Fuji along with the #3 nozzle set on an emergency basis. I damaged a part on my Turbinaire gun and am going to have to do some searching to replace it--if I can as the gun I have was discontinued when Turbinaire came out of bankruptcy and Turbinaire parts are rare in general anymore. Luckily I'd ordered the non-bleeder conversion kit for my turbine some months back which also converts it to a standard garden hose thread and I'd ordered a new hose recently as mine was getting some cracks in it.

Other than some slight tracking in the stain just from getting used to the more refined spray pattern its a really nice gun!