I have a 1940's 8" cresent jointer, I bought it about 2 yrs ago and at the same time I ordered a set of 8" by 5/8" wide freud replacement blades. Today I needed to change the blades and discovered that 5/8 was too wide, they stuck too far out past the cylinder which caused them to hit the tables when rotated. Does any one know where I can get some 1/2 wide blades. Also, does anyone need 4 8" blades they are freuds and have never been used for the above stated reasons. BTW raising the height of the tables doesn't help
I have a 1940's 8" cresent jointer, I bought it about 2 yrs ago and at the same time I ordered a set of 8" by 5/8" wide freud replacement blades. Today I needed to change the blades and discovered that 5/8 was too wide, they stuck too far out past the cylinder which caused them to hit the tables when rotated. Does any one know where I can get some 1/2 wide blades. Also, does anyone need 4 8" blades they are freuds and have never been used for the above stated reasons. BTW raising the height of the tables doesn't help