Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with logo

Help with logo

I'm looking for some help with converting my (2) logos to b/w vectors to be able to engrave them. I have attached a Marine Corps Seal which is set up how i want these to be. Can someone help me out with converting these? Back story is I am an active duty Marine stationed at Recruiting Station New Jersey. We have an awards program where we make monthly awards with our engraver. I have been browsing the site to learn the ins and outs of engraving and cutting. We have an Epilog Mini Helix 18 using Corel X5. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. 1MCD.cdrRS NJ.cdr

Here is the example file of what i am trying to get my other 2 to look like. mc seal reversed.jpg

Hi Daniel,

I use Illustrator and don't have Corel, therefore can't open your Corel files. Are you trying to make a vector version on the jpg you attached, or are they different images you are trying to recreate? Either way, the Brands of the World website has a few Marine logos that are already in vector format. That would be a good place to start. It also looks like you can purchase it for $3.00 from a vector images site. Hope that helps!

Leah
    Epilog Mini 24, 40 watt -- Mac OS X Lion -- Parallels running Windows 7 64-bit -- Illustrator CS5

Epilog Mini 24, 40 watt -- Mac OS X Lion -- Parallels running Windows 7 64-bit -- Illustrator CS5

Daniel

those were created with vector art. Check out who in the recruiting division works with the dept of heraldry and get the eps files from them.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Daniel,

Here is a site that may be worth bookmarking:

http://www.defense.gov/multimedia/web_graphics/
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

It's been quite a while, i have spoken with our other units and headquarters to find the orignal files with no luck. Who ever created it probably rotated already and no impact no idea on the location of the eps file. Am I dead in the water with trying to convert these? Thanks again for your time and support with this matter.

I'll take a look at them when I can get to my system with Corel...there are quite a few sites out there that will convert for you but I've generally had good luck just using corel depending upon the logo...
    Have a Blessed Day!
    William
    Mona Lazer
    Epilog Helix 75W Windows 7 X64, Photoshop CS5, Corel Draw X6, Photograv 3.0, etc...

Daniel do you have experience manipulating your nodes in Corel? I have made some quick-trace versions of your graphics and can post them up for ya, but as the letters surrounding the border have a 3d effect, you will need to go over them and fix any parts of the graphic that were corrupted. I assume you can change the colors yourself, by just ungrouping the vector and changing each color Gimme a sec and I'll edit my post to attach a CDR with both graphics.
    EDIT: Gimme a minute one of your graphics has a just awful resolution... Fixing the circles now and then I'll post it for ya
    Last edited by Ben Halop; 01-23-2013 at 4:25 PM.
    --4 Epilog Fusion 60w's-- --Epilog Helix 75 Watt-- --CorelDraw X7-- --Adobe--

Their are EPS files on the defense.gov site that Tony posted in his response above. Will those not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Adler View Post
    Their are EPS files on the defense.gov site that Tony posted in his response above. Will those not work?
    I believe he is looking for the two logos he posted specifically

Talking

Ok here ya go. Keep in mind there are NOT perfect, at least not the level of perfect I aim for. You will need to zoom up and manipulate any nodes necessary to smooth it out. I fixed the outer few circles of the flag graphic but the rest is up to you

EDIT: Sorry I can't make it perfect and make it B&W for ya, but that is a little time consuming and I am at work. The extra half hour or so it'd take me to finish those is a half hour I can't spend right now. Hope ya don't mind
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ben Halop; 01-23-2013 at 4:37 PM.

I appreciate the help, weird though when I tried to download the Cdr it wont open. It acts as if its going to open then nothing comes up. I even tried saving it to my comp and opening the file itself and also importing, same thing. Any clue as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Strong View Post
    I appreciate the help, weird though when I tried to download the Cdr it wont open. It acts as if its going to open then nothing comes up. I even tried saving it to my comp and opening the file itself and also importing, same thing. Any clue as to why?
    What version of Corel Draw do you have? It could be a file saved to a newer version...
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeGerolamo View Post
    What version of Corel Draw do you have? It could be a file saved to a newer version...
    I'm using Corel X5