Thread: UPS for Laser Recommendation

UPS for Laser Recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation for a UPS for a 60 watt laser running on 220?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

APC makes a 220 volt 60hz UPS 1200 VA around $400.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Thanks James! I'll check it out.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

For a 60W laser you probably need 2000 VA or more.
    2000 VA corresponds to 1400W : My 60W Epilog draws 1500W when vectoring on full power and overheats my UPS after about 10 minutes of cutting acrylic.

Did you want it as a UPS, or for line conditioning?
    If for UPS, then you will need HUGE batteries to keep the laser going for more than a couple of minutes.

My UPS is a Chinese job (no safety markings at all !!!!) which cost £200. The nearest equivalent with a recognisable brand name was around £850 at the time.

For line conditioning you will need an always-on or dual conversion UPS - which is, of course, the more expensive sort.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK