Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repurposed a Baby Grand Piano

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Was there any discussion about putting a back on it? In your shop, it seems to me that it'd look better with a back. But in the client's home, maybe it'll look different.

I must agree, that is an amazing transformation!
    The back was damaged when I took it off. Plus they were thinking of using it for something else, hang it on a wall I think. I don't know what happened to the back after I gave it back to them in 3 pcs.

Well that is pretty darn cool and certainly unique! I do love how you handled the legs...they just work!

I would have been tempted to "work" the innards a bit more to match it better but I'm guessing the client wanted it that way?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The lower section was the Oak which held all the tension of the strings and the inside support band was Poplar but the beam was Maple. So I made the support band Maple to match the beam. Yes, it's how they wanted it. Try to keep the piano looking like a piano.

Very Nice Job!

What a cool way to save something to live on.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

You did a really nice job. That is just very creative and genius! You should be very proud.