Thread: BIG saw, but no name?

Question BIG saw, but no name?

Was out Rust Hunting today. Bought three $1 saws, and a little $.50er. Two of the saws are your standard 26" warranted superior types, with clunky handles..SDC13180.jpgMight be worth a dollar each? The little saw/SDC13181.jpgI bought it strictly for them three brass bolts. I don't have any red paint at the shop, either. Which brings up the fourth saw buy of the daySDC13184.jpg Ah.. yeah. Big guy. 28"+ in length, looking like someone had chopped another 4-6" off the end. Brass hardware. Warranted Superior, with the eagle, on the Medallion. At the heel, it is over 7" wide. Tote looks like either a D-7, or a D-8. No etch has been found, either. Any ideas out there? is this a "Keeper'? Lil'Red will supply the missing saw bolt. I already have the blade cleaned of all the rust. ONE missing tooth, drat! No kinks, though. has a nice "ring' to it, as well. Any ideas what I have here?

As for those screwdrivers, the Stanley will complete a set i have. The other one? Know more after a clean up. Shank is square, almost chisel like. Ferrel is steel. Fifty cents a-piece for the drivers.

Cleaned up the big saw. got rid of the rust, and grime. Polished the brass, as well. Some of the grime did come off the tote, and found a piece of the top horn was MIA. A look at things so far..SDC13186.jpgSDC13187.jpgSDC13185.jpgThis is one huge saw! Over 28" long, over 7" wide at the heel, and almost 3" at the toe. Tote looks like a D-8 style...

Still haven't figured this big saw out. No carving on the tote? Most with a WS medallion didn't have any? Bolt pattern looks like a D-8? It is a 8tpi blade, but a BIG blade. haven't taken the tote off, there is a hair-line crack on the "B" side. I'd rather not do anything to open it up into something worse. Two Mystery saws: A straight back, big bladed saw, with a D-8 tote? and the other saw? Seems to be a No.16 tote on a skew back blade. Both totes seem to be original to the saws. Special order saws, maybe???

Guess it don't really matter. I listed this big rip saw (8tpi) on ebay........SDC13193.jpgSDC13191.jpgwe'll see how it goes.....

Thing does look big. Man you sure have the rust resources in your area.
    Good, Better, Best never let it rest
    until your Good is Better and your Better is Best

Member of M-WTCA Area D