Thread: White bondo with white catalyst..is there such a thing?

White bondo with white catalyst..is there such a thing?

Looking for a white bondo and white catalyst that I can tint with out trying to overcome gray and red , resin/catalyst.Thanks Rob

I can't remember the name but some years ago I bought some at Home Depot. I think it was called wood something. It was a bondo type product and was white.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Bondo is polyester resin, plus pigments.

Another way to go is to use epoxy resin from West Systems, plus one of their fillers. The epoxy is clear. The fillers I've seen are white. The epoxy is syrup consistency. With the fillers, you can go up to Bondo stiffness. http://www.westsystem.com/ss/the-105-system/

What Jamie wrote above is good info. The West System 105 resin mixed with their white pigment is just a tiny bit off-white. If you want bright white you'll have to pain

Bondo and wood do not play together well.

Google "Marine Tex" and you will find lots of sellers. It's a commonly used two part repair product for boat repair. It's white and so is the catalyst. When mixed it is pure white. You should be able to mix a colorant with the product or you can call them and speak to their tech folks.
    Howie.........

Yes, in the marine field. There a couple that I know of, that is polyester putties (like Bondo), much smaller containers. You can also get white cream hardener at a good auto parts store (not Auto Zone).

You can as has been mentioned make your own with epoxy resin, but Interlux Epiglass is the only white colored filler that I know of in the sandable range. I think Awlgrip does make a white putty they call fairing compound if you need larger quantities and it will be expensive. It is a two part paste. the epoxies harden off a lot slower.

Marine tex does make a white, comes in very small quanties, pretty expensive, good, pretty slow going off, pretty strong though. More tha just a glazing putty.

>>>> pretty slow going off

Nothing like an infrared lamp to to speed up the setting.
    Howie.........