Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boot toe protection?

boot toe protection?

Do they make a rhino liner type product for the toe of work boots? I spend alot of the day on my knees, and the toes of my redwings are wearing rather quickly. I was told they make a glue on peice of plastic, but do they have a paint on type like rhino bed liner, or a steel cap for the outside?
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Curtis, you can also buy a can of spray bed liner at an auto parts store, mask them off and spray them youself. It is similar to the Rhino and LineX materials.

Get some brass sheet and make some. Wouldn't that look spiffy all shined up like a military belt buckle.
    You could always do some engine turning on them.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I had a pair of boot protectors from Red Wing like the ones Ken shows. They work really good as I to worked on my knees installing gondola fixture.

I use some stuff called kg's bootguard. Paint on a couple coats and works really well.

I don't know if you're RedWings are safety toe or not but if you wear through the leather and scuff the composite toe it voids any type of safety rating.

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    Curtis, you can also buy a can of spray bed liner at an auto parts store, mask them off and spray them youself. It is similar to the Rhino and LineX materials.
    That stuff also works well on the knee area of long pants to protect them from tearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bourque View Post
    That stuff also works well on the knee area of long pants to protect them from tearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bruette View Post
    I use some stuff called kg's bootguard. Paint on a couple coats and works really well.

I don't know if you're RedWings are safety toe or not but if you wear through the leather and scuff the composite toe it voids any type of safety rating.

Jerry
    My redwings have aluminum toes, and at work if the hole is bigger than a dimes, the boots have to be replaced or they arent accepted.
    and we wear knee pads so no need for painting my pants.
    I bought a bed liner can today, ill find out tommorow if it sticks to leather well

Spray bedliner removal?

So I got the spraycan bedliner and sprayed the toes of my boots, one is didnt stick to my boot and just peeled off after 15 minutes of work, two, some idiot forgot that there were a few runs on the bottom of his boot and brought them in after sitting all night assuming they were dry and set them on the familyroom carpt which is an off white/gray.
    How do you remove bedliner from a carpet?

There's away said the wise old man....(we have a good start to a song here)

A Dutchman.

I would not try to remove this from your carpet but try it on a piece of scrap carpet first , computer spray cleaner when spray on the stain may cause it to freeze and come off, cutting the spot out and sewing a patch back in may be the only way

Not sticking to the boots-- Is there polish on them? Something else on the leather?

Carpet-- Trim the top layer with sheep shears. Or, go to the website and look for info.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I'm certainly glad this is not my problem. My wife would NEVER let me forget.
    Regards,
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Latshaw View Post
    I'm certainly glad this is not my problem. My wife would NEVER let me forget.
    My mother aint to happy either,,,,