Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please with Bitmap

Help Please with Bitmap

Have you ever heard of a bitmap that cannot be edited? I even converted it to a bitmap and it still won't let me edit it, does anyone know why?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I'm a little confused here. Can you post it ?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I'm confused as well. Also, what program are you trying to edit the bitmap in?

Another thing to check is right click the bitmap file and click "Properties", please make sure that the box "Read-Only" is NOT checked at the bottom. With a little more info I should be able to help you with this problem
    --4 Epilog Fusion 60w's-- --Epilog Helix 75 Watt-- --CorelDraw X7-- --Adobe--

You converted it from what? Maybe someone gave you a different format, but with a .BMP extension? (like sample.jpg that's named sample.bmp)
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

Never. And I've dealt with so many images from so many sources I can't even describe it.

If you can, post it. Sounds like fun.

Worst case scenario, zoom in to pixel resolution, screen capture in sections, put it back together.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

I've never heard of that either.. BUT I have found myself not noticing something important
    so that my editing wasn't DOING anything.. like being on the wrong layer, not being able
    to use certain tools because the image was in the wrong mode etc..

Make sure that layer isn't locked. That'll prevent all editing.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hmm still waiting on some info. But here's another idea, depending on the graphic's complexity you could always vector the bitmap and edit your newly vectored image, be it .ai, .eps, etc

Once you post the image it will be easier to discern the best route for you to take.
    --4 Epilog Fusion 60w's-- --Epilog Helix 75 Watt-- --CorelDraw X7-- --Adobe--

This is the item I was referring to,

Bitmap.cdr
    God Bless,
    Texas

I don't know why you can't edit it. Just click on edit bitmap and it opens in PhotoPaint where it can be edited. That's how it is on my X5.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hey, Mike when you said that I decided to try it in X6 and it worked fine but it will not work in X4, edit bitmap is grayed out, it is not an option. Thanks for waking my brain up.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    Hey, Mike when you said that I decided to try it in X6 and it worked fine but it will not work in X4, edit bitmap is grayed out, it is not an option. Thanks for waking my brain up.

It maybe the actual file type, some file types have limited editing on some programs.

One of the pluses with X6 I understand is it works with many more file types.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    Do you have Corel Photopaint installed? It is needed to edit the bit map.
    I know that you could buy just the Corel Draw program and not the complete suit.

Howard Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Garner View Post
    Do you have Corel Photopaint installed? It is needed to edit the bit map.
    I know that you could buy just the Corel Draw program and not the complete suit.

Howard Garner

I'm pretty sure that Corel Draw always has come as a Suite (older versions may not have labeled it as a Suite),
    You should have a handfull of Apps in your Corel folder include PP, Trace, Bitstream Manager etc. Check your disc
    you may have only loaded part of it.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I opened this file in X4. What you have is a Corel Draw file with a bitmap and vector text. When I select it all and click on Edit Bitmap it opens the bitmap in Corel PhotoPaint. I can edit anything on it. I fail to see the problem. It's kinda weird that it is named Bitmap but is actually a cdr file.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation