Thread: Dust collection fittings/adapter

Dust collection fittings/adapter

so i got a new combo machine that has metric fittings. there are four fitting 2@120mm, 1@80mm, and 1@50mm. during either of the functions requires a 120mm port and either the 80mm or the 50mm. one way or the other i need to bring them to a 6" blast gate. i will need to buy some more flex hose to complete the job so my thought is to buy the proper metric fitting and hose then build a transition box that will accommodate a 120mm and 80mm fittings. the other choice is to use transition from 6" to two 4" then make adapters to fit the machine. any thoughts or suggestions.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Congratulations on the KF. Nordfab quickfit system has a piece they call the expanded adapter. The quickfit end will be standard 3", 4" or 5" and the other end you specify what you want (based on the machine you are connecting to). There is a limit on how different the two sizes can be or they will call it a reducer and charge more. For example, I think you can have a 5" expanded adapter as small as 4.87" on the machine side. That would be 123.7mm. Maybe that is still too much gap, but it is getting close. They may be willing to do 120mm and price it as a reducer (find one of their vendors and give them a call). You don't have to do your whole system in Nordfab, just get the Nordfab hose adapter for the end of the hose the will connect to the machine and a clamp and you have a quick release to the machine port. The other end of your flex hose can be any system you want.

James

You can get conversion fittings but my short term solution- about ten years ago- was to wrap duct tape around the ports until inch fittings worked. Still haven't gotten around to changing them. Dave

I have 2 combo machines that use 120mm ports.

I use a 5" elbow slightly reduced by crimping to mate with the machine ports...............Rod.

i've decided. since i'm going to have to buy flex hose anyways i'll get 80mm and 120mm. getting four fittings two 120mm and two 80mm. i'll make a transition box that has a 6" inlet connection and blast gate.

thanks james. i got it all hooked up except for the permanent dust collection.

david, i have to buy flex hose anyways as i don't own any 3" or 5". all i have is about 5'-6' of 4".

rod, thats a good idea.