Thread: I'm back !

Blog Entries

I'm back !

Haven’t been here for a while since we moved city's.

I have been blessed with a nice 14X11 feet room for a workshop ! so much nicer and larger than I had before. current project - pimping my workbench, hoping to finish share it soon! than I'm back
    to the tool making.... have many planes and shaves and bow saw type things to make

Pictures, please.

Small shops prompt us slobs clean ours.

An enlarged hand tool shop is always a joy.

Congratulation Matthew and I'll second Jim, pictures please.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    sure thing.... I have polygraph test tomorrow.... (new job requirement) so I'll try to get it done Thursday.

I heard you guys need a security clearance just to buy groceries.

Blog Entries
    there are guards at the entrance to grocery store.... usually just take a quick peek and let you go, sometimes nothing. they don't have that in the US ?

(It's really not bad here, I think media blows it up)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew N. Masail View Post
    there are guards at the entrance to grocery store.... usually just take a quick peek and let you go, sometimes nothing. they don't have that in the US ?

Usually guards in stores here are to stop you from getting out of the store with stolen goods.

"Media blows it up?" So to speak.

Blog Entries
    there are guards at the entrance to grocery store.... usually just take a quick peek and let you go, sometimes nothing. they don't have that in the US?
    Reminds me of a time long ago when I was in a bar talking to a visitor from Ireland. He was astounded by all the violence on TV and in some city streets. After we discussed other things I asked him what he did "back home." His answer was, "Oh, I'm the tail gunner on a milk truck."

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Reminds me of a time long ago when I was in a bar talking to a visitor from Ireland. He was astounded by all the violence on TV and in some city streets. After we discussed other things I asked him what he did "back home." His answer was, "Oh, I'm the tail gunner on a milk truck."

jtk
    Lol.... yeah so here it hasn't gone that far! ! Guards here do check for weapons and such, but I'm not sure that’s a bad thing... and in no way do I feel like I'm living in terror.. seriously, don't listen to much to the media, it doesn’t reflect the truth, it's more like advertising, they always look to find "proof for the story they want" not "find the truthful story".

I wish the spate of shootings in the USA would cease (and everywhere else,too). It could make things more difficult for us legitimate target shooters. Shoot a bunch of people,then act crazy in court. Maybe they're just crazy about shooting people?

Not trying to drift off topic,but it seems to have already drifted,even from the O.P..
    Last edited by george wilson; 09-05-2012 at 9:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    I wish the spate of shootings in the USA would cease (and everywhere else,too). It could make things more difficult for us legitimate target shooters. Shoot a bunch of people,then act crazy in court. Maybe they're just crazy about shooting people?
    I might argue that the desire to shoot random people is crazy! Now if only I had a "crazy" smiley that I could insert...

Congratulations Matthew on your new space..... and how will you fill it?

For many years,over 10, my shop was about 10' x 6' or 7'. I had a lathe,milling machine,drill press,workbench,and grinder in there! About 2' between the lathe and the bench. But,I made some of my best tools in there. Too crowded for woodworking. I did that in the Historic Area daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew N. Masail View Post

Our grocery store guards are usually watching a camera network or sitting in the rafters and watching elderly ladies stuff fruit in their bags. (not kidding).

Sister's matron of honor had a hubby who put himself through police training by working as a grocery store guard at night. He said they (he and the other guards) would actually sit in the rafters, and old ladies with bags and limited incomes were by far the biggest problems. They were also the most difficult to deal with when they stole something and got caught.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Our grocery store guards are usually watching a camera network or sitting in the rafters and watching elderly ladies stuff fruit in their bags. (not kidding).

Sister's matron of honor had a hubby who put himself through police training by working as a grocery store guard at night. He said they (he and the other guards) would actually sit in the rafters, and old ladies with bags and limited incomes were by far the biggest problems. They were also the most difficult to deal with when they stole something and got caught.
    I can imagin.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pitonyak View Post
    I might argue that the desire to shoot random people is crazy! Now if only I had a "crazy" smiley that I could insert...

Congratulations Matthew on your new space..... and how will you fill it?
    I will fill it with love of woodworking and many hand made tools! and, hopefully sooner rather than later, my first classical and period guitars, but go easy on me I've been doing this for only 1 year (-:
    Pics tomorrow
    Last edited by Matthew N. Masail; 09-05-2012 at 2:02 PM.