Thread: A few Stoppers

A few Stoppers

Hi all;
    Made a few Bottle stoppers with Polyester Resin and Volvo Logo insets.
    My Dealer ordered 6, so I made 11 and he bought all of them.
    The resin was my first attempt to mix it and it went pretty well. I had good advice about heating the resin in HOT water before adding the catalyst. It worked great.
    The resin turned very easily and polished up perfectly with Hut Ultra Gloss polish.
    The only issue I have about stoppers is that it is a significant investment to buy the Chrome Stoppers and it takes a big chunk out of the profits.
    I will be moving to the Ruth Niles SS stoppers when the last few chrome ones are used up. I do not want ANY returns due to corrosion.
    I have just seen a turner make his own CORK stoppers from wine corks and I tried a half dozen yesterday with great results. I know the cork is not as classy as the SS stoppers but the profit margin will be better and the price of the completed stopper can be less. All Good!!!
    thanks for looking. CC invited.
    Peter F.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great work Peter!! Well known fact about PR is to warm and/or vibrate it to reduce bubbles. Ruth makes outstanding stuff and you'll be very happy! On an unplesant note...does Volvo know you're using their TM? Pen makers have this issue all the time with labels and casting team colors...if they didn't say okie dokie...you may be in a heap of trouble. Just an FYI to keep you safe!
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 09-04-2012 at 5:48 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots