Thread: Target EM8000cv

Target EM8000cv

I have a C.A. Tech TRjr, hvlp gun. It has three needle sizes 1.0 0.8 and 1.2. When I spray the 8000 I plan on using the 1.2. Would this be the best to start with to start figuring out what combination will work? I will be shooting cherry with a 1# cut of blonde shellac.
    I picked this because the cherry will be exposed to volcano fumes in HI.

what viscosity cup does c.a. tech recommend you use? i would think they have a viscosity/tip chart.

Jerry, I recently bought the CAT Jaguar SLP gun with 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 1.9 tips. I shot a test panel of EM8000cv for my kitchen project with the 1.3 tip and it atomized very nicely. Your 1.2 might be a little on the small size but I would shoot some test pieces with it and see how the material flows and atomizes through the gun.
    Jeff

I have nothing but a parts list. I could not find a viscosity/tip chart on the Web.

I have a 1.2 in my Walcom gun and I have shot many a gallon of 8000cv with good result - I would start with that and only step it down if you are not getting good results.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

David;
    No image came through concerning a basic chart.

Larry;
    How long of a cure is needed to rub 8000cv out? You must like it as you have sprayed a lort of it.

I typically let it cure for 150 - 200 hours (as recommended by Target IIRC) before doing anything with it. I like it a lot for environments where the piece is likely to be exposed to more than "normal" levels of moisture. Read kitchens and bathrooms.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields