Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tablesaw & Jointer

The Grizzly 1023RL is a fine saw for the money they charge.
    With a good sliding table the saw takes care of anything I need it to do.

If you want something larger, I'd skip right to Felder or Minimax.

Anyone know where I can find a 52" unisaw in stock? I started to order it from toolsplus, but they informed me that delta is out of them until sometime in november, probably even longer.

Dustin,

I purchased the Delta a year ago and have been very happy with it. No problems with the fence, and really like the riving knife and it's ease of adjustablitliy.

Greg

There are some aspects of capitalism that I don't like either. But I do like my fingers and I appreciate a fine piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    There are some aspects of capitalism that I don't like either. But I do like my fingers and I appreciate a fine piece of equipment.
    It's not capitalism, it's corrupt corporatism and corrupt government. I like my fingers just as much as the next guy, but if sawstop had their way everyone would be stuck using their system and paying them for it. The free market does and is working to respond to new technology. A few manufacturers are working to design their own systems that don't destroy the blade. Anytime there is room for open competition you always have improvements and advancements in technology. When you allow monopolistic control you always end up with the inhibition of growth and an increase in prices. Some of you guys really need to rethink your views on what is happening and start getting a little outraged at this kind of stuff instead of shrugging your shoulders and thinking "that's just the way it is"...

Thanks a lot for your input guys, I was able to find one in stock today and went ahead and ordered it. Should be the proud new owner of a 52" unisaw next week.

Many safety devices have been circumvented and accidents caused by relying on something not in working order.There are already cases of kids in school shops tripping the saws as an infantile magic tricks. There are many texting and eating lunch while driving cars thinking they have air bags .But many don't because of crooked deals where someone pocketed the money instead of installing it . There is no substitute for good work habits. I have seen guys leave machines partially set up to go find a wrench to tighten it ,get distracted and come back and reach for the switch without tightening. When I started working every machine had dedicated tools. Now they don't and guys just wander around looking for stuff. What is in the technology pipe line to fix that?

Congrats !!! I bought one a little over a year ago and love it. I also have had no issues with the fence. Have fun making saw dust !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Brown View Post
    Thanks a lot for your input guys, I was able to find one in stock today and went ahead and ordered it. Should be the proud new owner of a 52" unisaw next week.
    Congratulations Dustin. Please post some pictures of it and let us know what you think of it next week.

PHM