Thread: Hand Tools in Grand Rapids, MI

Hand Tools in Grand Rapids, MI

Any good vintage tool spots in Grand Rapids, MI, Mount Pleasant, or anywhere in between? I'll be there this weekend and thought I'd look around if there is any place worth hitting.

thanks, Jake

Jake,

The best place I can tell you in that general area is to hit Lake Odessa, MI. Not too far off your trail, but definitely worth it. Lake O Antique Mall is one city block long, 3 stories high. Not all tools, but there are more than enough there to make it worth a stop. Right next door to the Mall is a smaller store, Lake O Variety or something like that. Smaller, normal store front size, but two stories and worth the stop. Finally, up the block is yet another worthwhile stop, forget the name, but there are big ANTIQUE STORE flags out front. Can't miss it. All these stores are on 4th Street in Lake Odessa. Failing that, my house is in Charlotte (not far from Lake O and less than 45 minutes from GR), and I've got a huge amount of tools, some of which I could part with, if you'd like to stop by. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by Zach Dillinger; 10-04-2012 at 9:06 AM.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Thanks Zach, I may have to take a detour over that way.

There is a sale in Hastings (just southeast of GR) on Saturday where someone is selling the contents of an old tool chest. Search the Tools section of Craigslist for details. Unfortunately I am going to be out of town. I'd be surprised if Zach did not show up. I hope you find something good. Tom

Tom, I wish I could! The cable installer is coming to my new house sometime between 8 and noon. And I'm sure that, after noon, all the good stuff will be gone. Although "small two handed planes" sure does sound interesting...
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.