Thread: 3M PPC for Fuji G-XPC?

3M PPC for Fuji G-XPC?

I have the subject gun and would like to add the PPC system. Wondering others experience with the system on this gun and what to buy and where.

Thanks,

Mike

I wouldn't want to go back. I just got the siphon fed XPC gun this summer but have been using the PPS system on another gun for a couple years now. Reasons I like it include:

- Spray at any angle, even upside down (handy for inside drawers)
    - 95% of the mess can just be thrown away. But if you are using WB products, the liners can be rinsed and reused a number of times too.
    - Rapid changeover from one finish to another--just cap the liner with finish A, clean the gun, and put in a liner with finish B. Been doing a lot of this in my shop the last several weeks.
    - Leftover finish can be stored long term in the liner. I used some EM6000 that was close to a year old. Its easy to squeeze the air out.
    - Clear cup lets you see how much is left in the gun.

Where to buy? Number of places have it. Homestead Finishing would probably be the most helpful and Amazon sells all the parts if you know what you need (cup, adapter, etc, etc.)

I found that the bottles that come with these work great to flush cleaning solvent (or water) through the gun. At least alcohol or water--they might melt with lacquer thinner or acetone.

I have the older Fuji gun but have converted to the 3M system. I think it's great. I echo Matt's observations. Spraying at any angle is easy, it keeps going down to the last spoonful or so. Clean up is easy. Spraying different coats is easy to, just load the liners with the appropriate coatings and one with the appropriate cleaner. Spray, switch liners to the cleaner, clean gun, switch to next coat type and so on. At the end of the day I give everything a good cleaning.

I have 2 gripes though. One is that you need the MUCH more expensive pressurized cups for an HVLP system and two is that these pressurized cups don't come in the standard size. Only really large and small are available for HVLP systems.

oh ya, I'm destined for expensive consumables now but IMHO its worth it.

Thanks for the help.