Thread: Major Issues with CorelDRAW X6 WIndows 7 64BIT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Major Issues with CorelDRAW X6 WIndows 7 64BIT

I have had nothing but headaches with CorelDRAW X6.

Situation: This is the first CorelDRAW product I have purchased (I'm new to laser engraving). I have a fairly new computer, a Dell XPS with Intel I7-2600 CPU 3.4GHz, 12GHz RAM, 64BIT... I installed CorelDRAW X6. It worked fine for the first 3 days, worked great, I was going through tutorials and learning a lot. Then I upgraded my Anti-Virus (Dr. Web) and CorelDRAW has been unusable since.

What I did: I removed Corel, removed the Anitvirus program, restored my computer to a date prior to the antivirus install. With the antivirus uninstalled, I "reinstalled Corel, didn't work, closed it with the task manager, uninstalled it, restart, restored, installed, didn't work, closed it with the task manager"... did this cycle about 5 times over a few days...

Symptoms: After starting Corel it appears to hang up on trying to start the "Welcome screen". The Corel workspace opens however it is "busy" and will not allow me to do anything. One time out of all my attempts I was able to start using Corel, the welcome screen never came up, I could start a new drawing, I drew a couple of shapes, then I went and tried to start the Welcome screen and it froze up again..... never recovered

Observations: The Task Manager never stated that the program was unresponsive, always showed it running. My hard drive activity light was flashing/continuous like the program was cranking along. Some of the other cases I found online said that it could take from 5 to 30 minutes to open files.. I let it run for up to 5-7min before I would end the program in the Task Mngr...

I've had email correspondance with Corel, but they really don't have a solution... walked me through deleting files, using "F8" on start, etc.... no luck

I have searched the web and found some others with this issue on older forums but they have given up and went back to X3 or X5....

Anyone experience issues with X6??? Is it really unusable on some computers? God... I feel like I wasted good money trying to get a product that "90% of Laser Engravers Use"...

I have CorelDRAW X6 uninstalled now, my system is restored and everything runs good, great as a matter of fact, and I'm not sure what to do... Inkscape runs good... no issues..

My Helix shows up next week and my software isn't usable!!!!!!! I'll have to put off the "on-site" training I have scheduled until I can figure this out... I am out of ideas and am starting to get a "bad taste in my mouth" for Corel

Dave
    Last edited by David Rust; 10-05-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Epilog Helix 60w
    Epilog Mini 18 30W
    Purex Xbase 200
    CorelDRAW X7
    Wood Carver