Greetings fellow Creekers.

I'm currently in the market for a laser and have been pricing laser systems through Trotec, Epilog, and ULS. This post is a factual narrative about my experience thus far with Trotec regarding pricing. The purpose of this post is to discuss laser pricing using the Sawmill Creek discount vs. Trade Show pricing. I intend not to impart my opinion on the pricing, nor will I discuss any pricing that I have specifically been asked not to share.

I asked Keith Outten via PM if posting pricing information would be ok. He said it would be fine as long as the information was factual and as long as I would not be sharing any confidential information.

I contacted Amie McGee (Sawmill Creek rep) via voice mail on 9/20/2012. As she was at the PA trade show, she was unable to return my call until the morning of 9/26. She took my information and delivered it to my local sales rep for a price quote.

The Sawmill Creek price quote I received is below:

Sawmill Creek Price

Speedy 300 with 60 watt tube: $25,950
80 watt tube upgrade: $2,000
Honeycomb Cutting Table: $500
Air Assist: $795
Delivery: $450
Total: $29,695

PA Trade Show Price

Speedy 300 with 80 watt tube: $22,900
80 watt tube upgrade: Included
Honeycomb Cutting Table: Included
Air Assist: Included
Delivery: $500
Total: $23,400

While I don't have a physical copy of the pricing offered at the PA show, I have confirmed through multiple sources the pricing that was offered and accepted by Trotec.

Difference: $6295 in favor of pricing at a trade show.

Here is the initial Speedy 300 price quote I received with Sawmill Creek pricing:

Trotec Speedy 300 Pricing.jpg

Here is the initial Speedy 100 price quote I received with Sawmill Creek pricing:

Trotec Speedy 100 Pricing.jpg

I contacted Amie a second time about pricing out a Rayjet 300, but she did not return the call and instead had my local rep call me back. The Sawmill Creek pricing of the Rayjet 300 @ 60 watts was exactly the same as the Speedy 100 @ 40 watts.

I've been working with my local sales rep on the pricing of a Speedy 100. Although the price point I'm currently at is better than the initial price quote (I've been asked not to publish the revised quote), it appears I may have to stop the negotiations and attend a trade show to receive the best pricing.

Does anyone have any advice to help me get the best price? I'm starting this out as a hobby with hopes of turning this into a business in the future.