Thread: Aspire Questions?

Aspire Questions?

1) Can anyone tell me why when I import a file from CorelDraw into Aspire the letters are doubled?

2) AND why I am getting a error message of multiple commands when trying to do letters on the machine?

HELP PLEASE, I get very few days to work with our new machine and today I am just wasting my time

zll
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I never export letters or numbers from Corel to import into Aspire.
    Your best bet is to import your drawings and then put the letters and any numbers into the Aspire drawing using Aspire.
    try this and you probably won't receive any error messages.

Sometimes CorelDraw files will "cut" the outline and the fill thereby cutting each letter twice. I would change the fill to none and have the outline as hairline.

You can also convert text to curves (may or may not help with errors).
    I make dirt out of woodworking tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I never export letters or numbers from Corel to import into Aspire.
    Your best bet is to import your drawings and then put the letters and any numbers into the Aspire drawing using Aspire.
    try this and you probably won't receive any error messages.

I did the font in Aspire and yet when I send it to the CNC I am still getting the "Error-Multiple Commands"?
    God Bless,
    Texas

What are you trying to do with the letters/ are you trying to v carve or pocket? Do you have the right post processor selected? If so I would contact Vectric with the problem. They will probably want to see a file.
    Bob

You may have duplicate vectors or a vector crossing an other one causing the error
    probitix cnc Corel x3, Vcarve pro6.0, Aspire4.0

Some text created in Aspire will have crossing vectors(I've only had a problem with some script fonts) which will almost always cause problems. Text created in other programs should be converted to curves, as suggested above.

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Whenever I create a design in Corel I convert text to curves and export it as a .dwg file and import it into Aspire without any problems.
    Camaster Stinger II, Xenetech XLT 24X36, 2 Xenetech 13X13, Sublimation, Sandcarve

James and Zelma are having a post processor problem this is unrelated to aspire

Yes, we were, hopefully now that we have a new post processor, all is good to go, we won't know 100% until Tuesday when we get to go back and work with the machine again. Thanks everyone for your help, it is "much" appreciated!

zll
    God Bless,
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    James and Zelma are having a post processor problem this is unrelated to aspire
    What problem and what did you folks switch too?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.